Reveal: my new-to-me Pink Flap

VintageShoe80

Jul 19, 2012
I picked up this pink beauty over the weekend at a vintage-luxury auction-house in Germany. This is a reputable store; I have purchased a Hermes scarf from them previously, with positive experience.

I own a black caviar PST with SHW and a small black caviar Classic flap with SHW, both I absolutely adore and get a lot of use out of. However, I have been looking to add a colour Chanel bag to my collection. I took my time and constantly remind myself to be patient. I passed up on a couple of 13S pinks and blues in the process, something always felt missing for me. My heart needs to sing big-time before I take the jump :graucho:

About a month ago, I spotted this bag on their catalogue and fell head-over-heels in love with it :loveeyes: This was PERFECT. It is everything I am looking for: caviar leather, gold-hardware, small flap (my favourite size!) and in pink!! And pink inside-out :biggrin: This shade is gorgeous, and a good fit with the GHW.

The condition is impeccable, gives credit to the quality of Chanel bags. Possible that its previous owner didn't use it that much either. The bag shows very little signs of wear, very slight scruffle at one bottom edge and some minimal wear on the inter-locking Cs. Inside of the bag is practically brand-new. Odour-free too.

This is my first pre-loved Chanel purchase, so I was incredibly paranoid. Researched incessively on caviar pink Chanel bags and authenticity tips during the weeks leading up to the auction. I went back to the store multiple times before the auction-day, inspected and re-inspected the bag (very, very) thoroughly and spoke to the experts in the store each time. Thankfully, the staff were all patient and probably found my enthusiasm somewhat amusing :biggrin:

As it happens sometimes, all the stars aligned in my favour and I won the auction for this bag within our agreed-budget. I was shaking with joy as it happened :cloud9: It was also my first luxury auction experience, very exciting for me and gives a story to the bag :biggrin: Big thank you to my wonderful, generous husband, who looked extra-chivalrous as he persisted against the competition at the auction. My birthday's next month, and this is a mighty-pretty present!

The bag came with its original dust-bag and authenticity card. No box, but not a deal-breaker for me.

Thank you for letting me share :smile:
P.S - any tips on taking care of pink caviar would be much appreciated!:ty:
2013-08-13-10-45-19_deco.jpg

2013-08-13-10-47-44_deco.jpg

2013-08-13-10-49-07_deco.jpg

2013-08-13-10-50-25_deco.jpg

2013-08-13-10-51-26_deco.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Prettyn
I'm not much of a pink person but I have to admit your Chanel did catch my eye. It's a cute pink that you wouldn't get sick of looking at. Gorgeous and very lucky find! Plus, this would add contrast to any outfit ;) :smile:

I'm not much of a pink person but I have to admit your Chanel did catch my eye. It's a cute pink that you wouldn't get sick of looking at. Gorgeous and very lucky find! Plus, this would add contrast to any outfit ;) :smile:

Thank you! I totally understand what you mean with "wouldn't get sick of", the shade of pink makes a lot of difference! I was a bit surprised at myself at loving this pink bag so much, that's why I went back to the store over and over again to make sure :roflmfao: I wear a lot of blacks, whites, beige and jeans - so I love this pop of colour! :yahoo:

Thank you! I totally understand what you mean with "wouldn't get sick of", the shade of pink makes a lot of difference! I was a bit surprised at myself at loving this pink bag so much, that's why I went back to the store over and over again to make sure :roflmfao: I wear a lot of blacks, whites, beige and jeans - so I love this pop of colour! :yahoo:

I'm glad to hear that! Congratulations and enjoy your lovely Chanel!:heart: