CND Vinylux One Week Nail Polish

I think you only watched the 1st half of the video, in the second half a darker colored is used...2/3of the nail in the removal demo at 7.30 was painted in pretty poison which is very dark green.

Vinylux does not need to be painted on as thinly as shellac.. I use it the same as normal polish and still get fast drying in under 8 mins.

Hopefully some of these pointers will help you get on better with the bottle you have already bought!

I watched the whole video. The pretty poison is painted over the gold, which acts as a base. It needs to be painted on thinly enough so that the top coat doesn't wrinkle. I'm not a good candidate because my normal nails have normal ridges.

Please stop shilling the product. It's pretty clear that you are representing CND.

I watched the whole video. The pretty poison is painted over the gold, which acts as a base. It needs to be painted on thinly enough so that the top coat doesn't wrinkle. I'm not a good candidate because my normal nails have normal ridges.

Please stop shilling the product. It's pretty clear that you are representing CND.
oh sorry :sad: . I don't work for cnd, but have been on some of their training and I do work with their products. I am clear that I'm a nail tech in my profile it's no secret.
A big part of why I'm now a nailtech is because of the info and passion for SOG's that I learnt on this forum, so I thought I was just doing my little bit giving back helping, but obviously it's not perceived that way so I'll shuffle off now... sorry if I've offended.

oh sorry :sad: . I don't work for cnd, but have been on some of their training and I do work with their products. I am clear that I'm a nail tech in my profile it's no secret.
A big part of why I'm now a nailtech is because of the info and passion for SOG's that I learnt on this forum, so I thought I was just doing my little bit giving back helping, but obviously it's not perceived that way so I'll shuffle off now... sorry if I've offended.

I shouldn't be so rude, my apologies for that.

Great! As long as you like the color, then it's great. Btw, Revlon also has a polish system called ColorStay Longwear Nail Enamel that has its own base and top coats, and claims to last "up to 11 days" with "gel-like shine." I wonder if that lives up to its claim, too.

It doesn't. The topcoat is really shiny but it doesn't dry fast. For a while I was using it under Seche Vite to prevent shrinkage but still get a fast dry. I have excellent wear with that combo but would still prefer to use one top coat, not two.

It doesn't. The topcoat is really shiny but it doesn't dry fast. For a while I was using it under Seche Vite to prevent shrinkage but still get a fast dry. I have excellent wear with that combo but would still prefer to use one top coat, not two.

If you want the advantages of gel polish, then I guess you have to use gel polish. I've been using Gelish Vitagel as a base when I want to wear my RNPs. Top coats have been a problem for wear and shine. I can see using the Vinylux TC just for that, rather than doing a gel sandwich. Unfortunately, my toes will just have to take their sweet time drying as polish doesn't look terrific on them without base coat.

I've had Vinylux on my nails (finger) for 5 days and I really do believe it is a different formula. I'm one who usually can't go for 24 hrs without some major chipping. I think is it somehow more "rubbery" and less crackly when dried. At 3 days, still excellent, at 5 days, I do have some tip wear, but you don't see it unless you have magnifying glasses on. I'm taking it off tonight.

My favorite real nail polish has been OPI. Nice smooth formula, goes on thin, fantastic colors. But OPI will chip noticeably after about a day or 2. Vinylux seem to "wear down" off the tips rather than chip off in larger chunks.

I think it is a different sort of polish, and I think it will appeal to lots of polish only wearers.

The negatives: It does show ridges, and there is not ridge filler in that formula yet. If you use a ridge filler "crackly nitrocellulose formula" underneath, it's not going to have the same lasting effect as just Vinylux. I also don't think the topcoat is as smooth or shiny as my fav Seche Vite and no where near the perfect shine of soak off gel.

I've had Vinylux on my nails (finger) for 5 days and I really do believe it is a different formula. I'm one who usually can't go for 24 hrs without some major chipping. I think is it somehow more "rubbery" and less crackly when dried. At 3 days, still excellent, at 5 days, I do have some tip wear, but you don't see it unless you have magnifying glasses on. I'm taking it off tonight.

My favorite real nail polish has been OPI. Nice smooth formula, goes on thin, fantastic colors. But OPI will chip noticeably after about a day or 2. Vinylux seem to "wear down" off the tips rather than chip off in larger chunks.

I think it is a different sort of polish, and I think it will appeal to lots of polish only wearers.

The negatives: It does show ridges, and there is not ridge filler in that formula yet. If you use a ridge filler "crackly nitrocellulose formula" underneath, it's not going to have the same lasting effect as just Vinylux. I also don't think the topcoat is as smooth or shiny as my fav Seche Vite and no where near the perfect shine of soak off gel.

I agree that Seche Vite dries shinier, but the Vinylux dries faster. It does a fair job on my Chanel, but again, not shiny enough.

You should read the ingredients on the Vinylux bottle. They are:

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Adipic Acid/ Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Titanium Dioxide, Styrene/ Acrylates Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, N-Butyl Alcohol, Silica, Mica, Dimethicone, Tirmethylsiloxysilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Glycidoxypropyl Silsequioxane, CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), Tin Oxide, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6), Barium Sulfate, Colophonium (Rosin) (Colophane), CI 15850 (Red 7), Colophonium (Rosin) (Colophane), CI 15880 (Red 34), Colophonium (Rosin) (Colophane), Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77820 (Silver),

All nail polishes contain Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate and Nitrocellulose.

Sorry must be a bit dim but are you saying its the same as any polish?

The color is pretty much the same. They only claim that the top coat is nitrocellulose free. That contains a different cellulose formulation, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate. The Weekly Top Coat is also the only Vinylux formulation with photoinitiators.

Btw, a word of warning about Vinylux and all other nail polishes that use Isopropyl alcohol as an ingredient: The IPA is used to speed the drying time, but it evaporates very rapidly. To avoid thickening, make sure the top of the bottle, and the threads inside the cap are kept super clean so that you can get the best possible seal when you close the bottle. If you get any dried polish accumulating there, it will allow the alcohol to evaporate and the polishes will thicken and drying time will increase.

So, what's the verdict after a couple of weeks?

I still haven't put my order in. :P Somehow I though this would make bigger waves on the blogs, forums, etc?!

Any input on the TC over regular NP? :shame:

So, what's the verdict after a couple of weeks?

I still haven't put my order in. :P Somehow I though this would make bigger waves on the blogs, forums, etc?!

Any input on the TC over regular NP? :shame:

My verdict is that Vinylux is a bit better than regular nail polish, but nowhere close to a gel polish. It does dry quickly, but that also means you have to work it quickly. It chipped after three days (two is my usual for regular nail polish), It doesn't self level and ridges really show. But for touch ups, pedis, etc, I've wanted matching polish for the Shellac line for ages, and this fits the bill. I see it more as an accessory to Shellac than an independent product. While regular polish wearers might switch to it, I don't think you'll see people deserting Shellac or any other gel polish for Vinylux.

Now if CND Shellac would just hurry up with the LED cure, it might get back in the race.