Anyone has Dior Panarea canvas tote?- advice for newbie.

Thank you. Indeed very feminin, when i went to dior in starhill, i tried parading in purple and maroon but way to 'garang' for me.;)

How much did you purchase it for at that time? I just bought one online in fuschia - (i like *garang* colours haha also shopping during confinement is dangerous) and just curious on the RM differences.
(i.e: how much the box would have costed me if i bought at boutique) :P

I just bought the medium beige panarea. I called to see how to care for it and the Dior store said it cannot be cleaned at all. They also said that fabrics like jeans can transfer on to it. I was told at Saks it was easy to clean. I'm concerned. I also was told this is the largest size. It was $1250.00. Is that correct? Any comments on cleaning it and if it stains easy? The girl at Dior said oh no when I told her it was beige and was shocked Saks said it was easy to care for. Help I keep my bags for years and don't want it to be ruined in a few months. Thanks

I just bought the medium beige panarea. I called to see how to care for it and the Dior store said it cannot be cleaned at all. They also said that fabrics like jeans can transfer on to it. I was told at Saks it was easy to clean. I'm concerned. I also was told this is the largest size. It was $1250.00. Is that correct? Any comments on cleaning it and if it stains easy? The girl at Dior said oh no when I told her it was beige and was shocked Saks said it was easy to care for. Help I keep my bags for years and don't want it to be ruined in a few months. Thanks

It depends on what you do with and how you care for it. I've been using my small silver Panarea every day for a year now and it's not dirty at all and I've never cleaned it since it came out of its box. Because its made of canvas, it's lower maintenance than leather bags, but it is still possible for colour transfers to occur, especially with dye from jeans that come off easily. I have heard that you could get a Mr Eraser, damp it with water and gently scrub at the stain if it's a colour transfer issue, but generally wiping it down with a wet cloth should do the trick (avoid the leather trims and handles though).

There are only 2 sizes for the Panarea - the small and the medium so yes yours would be the largest size. On the Dior website, it says there's a 'Large' but SAs and Dior Customer Service have told me this is incorrect, technically it's the Medium size.

My mom has a beige one and it is very easy to clean. Just a mildly damp cloth is enough to clean the canvas.

"Easy" is a relative term. They probably meant "easy" as compared to a light colored leather bag.

The truth is that any light colored bag is suceptible to denim transfer. So, if you're the type of person that likes to wear your bag low, brushing against a pair of jeans, during a long day out and about... you will probably come home and find denim transfer on your bag. You could try several at home remedies (already listed above) to clean your bag - with the potential of great success to no success - depending on the color saturation of your jeans and how much contact occurred.

On the other hand, if you're careful, and catch stains early, they'll probably easily wipe away with something as simple as a damp towel or a baby wipe (non alcohol, non perfume).

Also, if you're a grab and go person, then the wear on a Panarea probably won't bother you. Otherwise, it's not a great bag for maintaining it's newness. But again, very few bags are. Over time, the sides will pucker & slouch, and if you don't use a base shaper, the base will collapse.

Since there are pros and cons to every bag - which pros and which cons matter - is really a personal thing.

GL!

How about the picture though which shows 3 sizes? Where is mr eraser sold?

Here are some pictures of the Panarea for size comparison. he first 3 pictures are from Bluefly.com, and they show the large, medium, and small. The last two pictures are from one of our members, and shows the mini as well as comparing the mini to the small and medium size. The large size may have been discontinued.

And you can get the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser at Walmart.

Attachments

• Dior Panarea large.jpg
    Dior Panarea large.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 1,401
  • Dior Panarea dark blue.jpg
    Dior Panarea dark blue.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,275
  • Dior Panarea black tote.jpg
    Dior Panarea black tote.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 1,260
  • Untitled-2 copy2.jpg
    Untitled-2 copy2.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 1,257
  • Untitled-2 copy.jpg
    Untitled-2 copy.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 2,456
Here are some pictures of the Panarea for size comparison. he first 3 pictures are from Bluefly.com, and they show the large, medium, and small. The last two pictures are from one of our members, and shows the mini as well as comparing the mini to the small and medium size. The large size may have been discontinued.

And you can get the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser at Walmart.

How about the picture though which shows 3 sizes? Where is mr eraser sold?

Mr Eraser should only be used for really stubborn stains and even then, scrub gently so you don't remove the coating on the canvas, otherwise you're just left with a cloth bag. I got one as a precaution, but I've never needed to use it. I got mine off Ebay, I believe this is an American product and I haven't been able to find it in my local supermarkets.

The Panarea was first introduced in 2009, so the Large size was discontinued ages ago. From 2010, I've been keeping my eye on the Panarea and when I enquired with a couple of boutiques in the UK (there's none in Edinburgh) and Dior Customer Service in 2011, there was only the Small and Medium sizes left, the no longer made the Large size

You guys are awesome thank you so much. I do love the bag. It's not heavy which most doors are. Just hope it wear okay. The Dior store was so negative. It was like they were encouraging me to return it.