Home & Garden Garden Photographs to Share.....

Hi Everyone! First timer in here. I absolutely love gardening and wanted to share some pictures.

Double Delight Rose

doubledelightrose.jpg

Hibiscus

hibiscus.jpg

Lavender

lavenderpo.jpg

Sunflower

sunflowerh.jpg

This Sunflower reached our roof! It was a GIANT.

16479312588476083264673.jpg

I have lots more pictures to come!
Beautiful plants!
I tried to grow Lavender but did not do well with it, think it was to hot for the plant in Central Florida.

Hi Everyone! First timer in here. I absolutely love gardening and wanted to share some pictures.

Double Delight Rose

Hibiscus

Lavender

Sunflower

This Sunflower reached our roof! It was a GIANT.

I have lots more pictures to come!
^you have some beautiful flowers! that rose is striking. I love your lavender.

I planted some succulents and cacti today! :biggrin:
^they're so cute!

Mexican petunias.
^ahhh...that's it

October 5th and roses are still in full bloom. Kinda' weird in my book.
^they're beautiful! it's been a weird weather year.

Got a bunch of cedar trees around the yard. They grow wild here. A couple of them are loaded with berries. As far as I can tell from reading a bit, they can be used as seasoning/spice.
^I've read that too. I'd be a bit nervous to try it though :P

Hello :smile: I moved to Italy a little over a year ago so I'm a little new at the whole garden thing. Sadly I live in an apartment and share a yard. However I have a balcony that I have been working on an plan on doing more as the cold weather goes away. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• image-35647196.jpg
    image-35647196.jpg
    682.1 KB · Views: 321
  • image-1843975379.jpg
    image-1843975379.jpg
    521.7 KB · Views: 334
  • image-2954055020.jpg
    image-2954055020.jpg
    574.5 KB · Views: 318
  • image-1575095507.jpg
    image-1575095507.jpg
    537.5 KB · Views: 331
Hello :smile: I moved to Italy a little over a year ago so I'm a little new at the whole garden thing. Sadly I live in an apartment and share a yard. However I have a balcony that I have been working on an plan on doing more as the cold weather goes away. Here are some pictures.

your balcony is great! the furniture is pretty, & your plants look like they're doing well. you're going to have a lot of fun with that in warmer weather.

Apple blossoms and a tree I think is called a Sand Cherry. Some kind of fruit forms, but I'm not sure it's edible, so I've never tried one.

Attachments

• PinkTree.jpg
    PinkTree.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 145
  • AppleBlossom.jpg
    AppleBlossom.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 151
I posted some pictures in gillianas clean up thread:

I thought this was pretty of the beehive and cardoon. Also, lemongrass and a dwarf citrus and some flowers.
^how are your bees doing?

Apple blossoms and a tree I think is called a Sand Cherry. Some kind of fruit forms, but I'm not sure it's edible, so I've never tried one.
^beautiful flowering trees :heart:

^how are your bees doing?

My bees are doing great. That hive you see is really challenging for me and we had a lot of trouble in there this weekend, very upsetting.They seem OK today but I still feel badly that they lost a lot of honey and brood because the comb broke on us, partially operator error and partially the heat....I am just sick over that, to be honest. I am glad I only keep one hive of that type, the other one is empty and I think I am going to sell it.

The other hives are great. I am very happy with their numbers and seems they are all healthy and strong, no issues.

I missed a swarm call a few miles away yesterday, or I would have had 12 by now
:wlae:

They flew off this morning, boo....

My bees are doing great. That hive you see is really challenging for me and we had a lot of trouble in there this weekend, very upsetting.They seem OK today but I still feel badly that they lost a lot of honey and brood because the comb broke on us, partially operator error and partially the heat....I am just sick over that, to be honest. I am glad I only keep one hive of that type, the other one is empty and I think I am going to sell it.

The other hives are great. I am very happy with their numbers and seems they are all healthy and strong, no issues.

I missed a swarm call a few miles away yesterday, or I would have had 12 by now
:wlae:

They flew off this morning, boo....

I love bees & have dreamt of having my own hive with my own honey, but I just don't think I can get that to work here. I see wild bees & wild wasps in my garden though, so I think they're happy. the wasps like my beauty berry bush & haven't built big nests or caused problems, so I think they're OK with my mini ecosystem.

I have so many questions/comments, if that's OK...
first...your little bee giff is ADORABLE :heart:

second...didn't you have a swarm last year? one of your own hives? as I recall, did you lose a colony? is everything going OK with that? I think I follow your bee thread, but I can't remember all of the history.

third...do you regularly harvest your honey? or do you leave it for the bees?

fourth...I'm sorry that your honeycomb was broken. does that hurt/upset the bees? or do they just rebuild?