Coach/Ebay/PayPal Mess!

Betty Boop

coach junky
Nov 27, 2006
:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:....I have gotten myself in a mess. I won a bid on ebay for a bag and when I went to pay through paypal it would not work. I called... they said they needed to cancel what I had done b/c it was not completed the first time and made we start over. The seller wants the payment in 24 hrs I have 2 left:sweatdrop: to come up with a way to pay for my bag. I went to the bank and nothing showed up so I can't get verified for 2-3 business day. Oh..i'm not paying from a credit card just a checking/savings account. A credit card is beyond my reach. I have talk with PayPal twice and I have emailed the seller to call me with no success. Well, there goes my chances of getting my ebay account setup and having a bad taste in someones mouth about my business ethnics.:crybaby:

Betty Boop, I'm so sorry you're having such a problem. I would keep trying to contact your seller to explain the problem. Most sellers will understand if there's a slight delay in getting your Paypal account set up. It sounds like you're doing all you can.

Thanks for all of your support! I truly love this forum:love:

It did work out for me. I got a phone call from the seller (I explained what happen) who said they would wait a few days to receive payment. Wow...there are people out there who still except the fact that things do happen.:woohoo:

A similar thing happened to me, Paypal messed up big time, they made too many deposits into my account, and to cut a long story short, had to wait for ages to go through verfication again.

I contacted my seller and explained what had happened, and I actually made the payment by cheque, as I thought it was going to drag on too long with Paypal.

It did. If something goes wrong within their system, it seems to take an age to get it back on track.

I would contact the buyer and explain, and if you can pay a different way, maybe that is an idea.

Good luck with it.

Excellent result. I have waited much longer than usual for buyers to get verified and for others who have had the horrid experience of account hijacking and need to start over again. As long as the person kept me informed and I had good vibes about them, I was fine about waiting. So, good luck and I hope that your lovely seller remains lovely!

Hi. Is it an e-check? Since it's not a credit card, and if you don't have one listed, it takes about 4 business days to make it from your bank account to her PP account. Some sellers don't accept e-checks or aren't gracious to accept them. The seller gets a notification that a payment is pending and gets an e-mail when it clears.