Authenticate This Chloe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the link to the auction, the seller's shill bidding ID is the 'winner' of it:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Authentic-Chl...103861160QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's the link to the shill bidding report page:

http://cgi1.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayI... Policies > Rules for Sellers > Shill Bidding

TIA! :flowers:

Reported:

The winning buyer is the Seller/shill bidder who bid 6 times to inflate the price of this COUNTERFEIT bag. This wasn't the outcome he/she expected for this auction. I am certain you can find similar activity in other auctions for the Seller's COUNTERFEIT bags. Thank you for your assistance in making Ebay a safe trading environment.

I'm not sure...

My concerns are that the lock looks too thin through and eliptical (it almost has 'corners'), the leather strip seems to stick out too far and has two horizontal lines on it and the font on the name plate looks rather unusual:

fa35_1.JPG
fb84_1.JPG

Also, the black one she's selling looks very stiff, to me... :s

I'd definitely ask for some better-angled, right way up, close-up pics of these features and one of the lock where you can see the underside, before deciding whether to bid, or not, if I were you. :yes:

I have been upset about these comments and on the Taupe thread so here is the reply I posted on that thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReRe
Thanks Pamela for the taupe picture and the ebay item. I actually have been looking at that one but there were some concerns on the authenticate board so I didn't bid.

Please keep looking for me. Did you get yours in a store? Its lovely.

I would just like to say that following the comments in this thread and the Authenticate thread I have been very upset. Not only had it been implied that this bag is fake but also the one I have that I bought from Chloe in London,which I am selling. I know that Bag Angel has already authenticated my bag and I have contacted Vlad and it is ok for me to defend myself.I know that it is helpful to people who can't tell a fake from an authentic bag but it is also very hurtful to honest sellers like me when a wrong opinion is given.
user_online.gif
progress.gif

I have been upset about these comments and on the Taupe thread so here is the reply I posted on that thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReRe
Thanks Pamela for the taupe picture and the ebay item. I actually have been looking at that one but there were some concerns on the authenticate board so I didn't bid.

Please keep looking for me. Did you get yours in a store? Its lovely.

I would just like to say that following the comments in this thread and the Authenticate thread I have been very upset. Not only had it been implied that this bag is fake but also the one I have that I bought from Chloe in London,which I am selling. I know that Bag Angel has already authenticated my bag and I have contacted Vlad and it is ok for me to defend myself.I know that it is helpful to people who can't tell a fake from an authentic bag but it is also very hurtful to honest sellers like me when a wrong opinion is given.
user_online.gif
progress.gif

Dear Lilackatz,

Having read this post I dont feel you should be upset, when someone is considering buying an item as expensive as this they want to be sure, although you may know its genuine as you can see and feel the bag for us looking for a bag we only have pics, flashes and poor lighting can make an item look totally different.

I wouldnt and originally didnt read that the post as implying the bag is a fake only that more pics should be seen before bidding. :smile:

Dear Lilackatz,

Having read this post I dont feel you should be upset, when someone is considering buying an item as expensive as this they want to be sure, although you may know its genuine as you can see and feel the bag for us looking for a bag we only have pics, flashes and poor lighting can make an item look totally different.

I missed the original posting of this - but, these are certainly very wise words.:yes:

Quote:
Originally posted by dawngy

Dear Lilackatz,

I wouldnt and originally didnt read that the post as implying the bag is a fake only that more pics should be seen before bidding. :smile:

Dawnyg,

Thanks for your thoughts.It's just that the minute the interested person saw those comments she said oh well i won't bid then. She had already contactd me via E-Bay with questions but noone has asked for anymore pictures. This happened to me before over a Spy bag and I get so upset coz I'm not a professional seller,I don't take good pictures,I just sell my used bags to allow me to move on and buy another.I have just bought a Bay and a Roxanne which is why I'm selling at the moment. :shrugs:

It's just that the minute the interested person saw those comments she said oh well i won't bid then.

Lilackatz - I'm sorry that you lost out on a sale, however, I think it's down to each person to check, and double check, an item before they bid - we all, here at tPF, just give comments based on the pictures we're given.

What a member does with that information, is entirely down to that individual and is not always necessarily based on comments given by other members.

If i'm in any doubt about a particular auction, i always recommend that a potential buyer should get more pictures of an item before they think of bidding - it's certainly better to be safe than sorry in this day and age.:yes:

Most times, it is just the pictures and Chloe's natural variations between bags that come in to question.:smile:
The blinding fakes are just that - blinding!;)

hi
can someone help me with these, my own thought is - not a real chloe - but am new to chloe *shame*

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230115594260&indexURL=3#ebayphotohosting

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230115594260&indexURL=3#ebayphotohosting

thx :biggrin:

and to lilackatz ... sry to hear that you had a loss because of comments here - but dont take it personal...
you know it's always the same: the honest ones suffer from those who aren't

and everyone just doesnt wants be "faked" ;)

IMO, this is not an authentic paddington. The lock hardware is too shiny, the lock font is totally wrong (see tips thread for pics of real lock font), the heat stamp is too dark, and the leather overall looks plasticy.

Sorry.

hi
can someone help me with these, my own thought is - not a real chloe - but am new to chloe *shame*

thx :biggrin:

and to lilackatz ... sry to hear that you had a loss because of comments here - but dont take it personal...
you know it's always the same: the honest ones suffer from those who aren't

and everyone just doesnt wants be "faked" ;)

Hhmm, if there is a heatstamp on this style bag I would ask to see that.

I can say that the price is pretty steep for a bag that has been "repaired' in that way: with the large patch of mis-matched leather of a rip?

You might be able to find a better deal if you keep looking :shrugs:

Hi!

I'm really unfamiliar with Chloe Paddington totes. This auction ends soon and I wanted to know what some of your thoughts are:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Auth-Chloe-Larg...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.