Monroe Piercing?

I think you should go for it! Facial piercings, unless gauged, hardly ever leave scars, so just don't go above 18-16 gauge. Most work places will let you keep in a spacer labret, because they are hardly noticeable. I encourage you to do all that now, since you are so young. I always hesitated, and now I regret not getting anything done to enjoy in my youth, because now I have a job where I can't really do that kind of stuff.

Edit: I'd also like to add that alot of larger scarring is due to infection at the piercing site. Solution: wash the ring and hole diligently with Dial Antibacterial soap on a q-tip 2-3 times a day, and you're almost guaranteed to avoid infection. I have a lot of friends who pierce/guage/tattoo etc. and this is how they take care of them.

I think you should go for it! Facial piercings, unless gauged, hardly ever leave scars, so just don't go above 18-16 gauge. Most work places will let you keep in a spacer labret, because they are hardly noticeable. I encourage you to do all that now, since you are so young. I always hesitated, and now I regret not getting anything done to enjoy in my youth, because now I have a job where I can't really do that kind of stuff.

Ooo Okay thats good to hear about the scars, It really got me worried. Is the spacer Labret the sort of retainer that is clear? (I have been doing alot of Googling about Labrets and such :smile:) That was my argument to one of my friends who said it looks cheap i simply said "Well i might aswell see! i'm young ! lemme see for myself!" Thank you for all the information!:smile:

Out of curiosity, does mom and dad know? lol I remember getting my nose pierced when I was your age and my mom totally flipped out. It was bad news. I had to take it out by the way.

Out of curiosity, does mom and dad know? lol I remember getting my nose pierced when I was your age and my mom totally flipped out. It was bad news. I had to take it out by the way.

Lol Oh yes my parents know ! i Havent shut up about it, It's been this for awhile and if it isnt its about bags! so yea i have been telling them some of my new information my parents are fine with it after some begging. But they have left it up to me if i decide to go through with it or not .

Personally I think they look like spots.
I'm not against piecing I have my navel done and 11 between my ears, I took most of my earrings out a few years ago and I still have the holes

As for scarring, yes if it gets infected it is likely to scar but even if you keep it clean some people just scar more than others.

at only 14 (almost 15 i know..) I'm not sure an ethical piercer would actually pierce someone so young. You obviously know youd have to go with a legal guardian, but a GOOD piercer may turn you down because of age.

My mom TOTALLY freaked out when I went and got my ears pierced without her permission (SIX holes at that.) By the time I was in my early twenties, and had a tattoo as well as a pierced navel (which you can have at work because nobody sees it--I still have mine!), my parents had well given up on me ever looking ultra conservative.

I would wait if I were you. I got my belly button pierced when I was your age and decided around 21 that I no longer wanted that look, and now I have hole there. I even went to a plastic surgeon to see if anything can be done to get rid of the hole and he basically told me that in order to get rid of that "scar" he would have to make an incision which would make another scar... so now I'm stuck with a hole I dont want.... If I were you I would just by a bunch of sticker rhinestones, this way you get the look you want without the scar.

I had my eyebrow pierced when I was in college...once I graduated and got my "corporate job"...I took it out. (I still have 13 earrings between my two ears...and my office is totally fine with that...but a facial piercing, IMO, is WAY out of place in an office environment.)

I also have a scar/indentation from where the piercing was. It was an 18 gauge I believe, I took very good care of it (never had an infection in it, washed daily with Dial Anit-Bacterial and swabbed with bactine)...but it still left a 'divet' in my eyebrow. quite honestly, I'm the only one who notices it...but still, there is a scar there.

I say get it done while you are young...but there may come a time in your life that you don't want it anymore and you'll have to deal with a scar. (just like a tattoo...of course, those are more permanent)

I would never pierce my face...or myself in Gereral but that's not the point.

I don't like Monroe piercings...I always think there's a booger or a big mole on someone's face and it looks tacky, especially on older people.

Think about how a piercing like this will affect your job or your job search. Many employers won't hire people or allow people to work for their company if they have visible piercings (other than earlobes)...especially if you work in a field where you have a lot of contact with customers and clients.

Mhm i understand what your all saying , I was intending to maybe have it in for a few years , i'm going to work at my parents company so they don't really mind, But i don't think i would keep it that long if i did, maybe into my mid twenties, I'm going to research a lil more about it , i sorta doubt i will i don't think i could put up with a scar but is it possible to cover it up with make-up or is it a kind of scar that you can see through it still?

Thanks for all the information ! It's sota a big deal since its on my face and all , so i really appriciate all of your opinions and facts :smile:

Personally, I think that since you are on the fence about it you shouldn't get it. Plus, facial piercings are always such a risk. I agree with what others have said about scarring. More likely than not there will be atleast a divet/indent left on the piercing location once it is removed. If you really want a piercing I would recommend getting on in a place that isn't on you face (ie. navel) if anything to make sure you are prepared to care for it. I pierced my navel at 16 and it was a HUGE hassle. So much so that I nixed getting my tongue and eye brow pierced. Piercings are definitely a personal choice. Just make sure you are doing it for you and not because so many kids in your school have them.

Mhm i understand what your all saying , I was intending to maybe have it in for a few years , i'm going to work at my parents company so they don't really mind, But i don't think i would keep it that long if i did, maybe into my mid twenties, I'm going to research a lil more about it , i sorta doubt i will i don't think i could put up with a scar but is it possible to cover it up with make-up or is it a kind of scar that you can see through it still?

Thanks for all the information ! It's sota a big deal since its on my face and all , so i really appriciate all of your opinions and facts :smile:
The scar wil probably look like a little white dot and most likely have a small indentation as well.
Imagine if this gets irritated some how? it will turn red and weap yellow crunchy stuff. Ive had my share of piercing and when they got irritated it was painful and gross until they healed. Also remember if youre planning on having it in for so long the hole might not close after you take it out. Ive had my conch (the cartalidge in the scoop of the ear) pierced for about 6 or 7 years and that hole is there FOREVER! Ive had it out for months and put the earring back in no problem.