Monroe Piercing?

I wouldn't pierce my face either. Another thing that I think you should consider is the possibility of an infection...ugh. I would imagine that even if you take really good care of it at first there is still chances of dirt getting in there since your face is always exposed.

I would suggest, like others have, to get something else pierced, if you MUST pierce something.

I saw this on one of the girls on the bad girls club, I think it's cute, but, I wouldn't personally get it done. If you don't already I would go for a small stud in the nose, I love that!

I would suggest, like others have, to get something else pierced, if you MUST pierce something.

LOL...which is why I pierced my navel. I knew I had to take my eyebrow ring out...but I still wanted "something" pierced. Navel...easy to hide and relatively easy to take care of (cleaning wise).

above all...

Just make sure this is a decision that YOU make. It's YOUR body and YOU have to live with it. Yes, we all have to look at you (:P ), but it's your body and you have to be happy with it. So, why some people may disagree with your choice here...know that it's a choice really only you can make.

I was thinking about getting my brow pierced, and wondered if it left a scar? or if it was very noticable if I were to take it out if I didn't like it?

I had my eyebrow pierced when I was in college...once I graduated and got my "corporate job"...I took it out. (I still have 13 earrings between my two ears...and my office is totally fine with that...but a facial piercing, IMO, is WAY out of place in an office environment.)quote]

I say go with whatever your heart says. Make sure that you give it thought on both the pro and con side, but in the end go with your heart. I think since you're young and have a good amount of time to enjoy it, go for it. I agree that piercing something in your face should be considered a great deal.

******Warning******Mini Rant approaching********:P ;) :yes: :P

I know all about the double standard that society has....it's my face, body, etc. I should be able to do with it what I want. Just because I have _____ piercing or ______ tattoo doesn't effect my ability to do _______ job.

But society has been warped to believe that if you have a little diamond stud in your face or 1/2 holes in your ears, that your brain power has automatically been effected in a negative way.

I'm a teacher. I have 8 holes in one ear and 10 in the other. My back is almost entirely tattooed. I also have my septum pierced. But because people can't look beyond the surface level, I have to wear my hair down to cover my ears, all my tattoos have to be placed on my body on parts that can be hidden my clothing and I always wear my septum flipped up. Society makes the asumption that because I've decided to alter my body (for what I believe is the better) that I can't and won't be an effective teacher.

So I understand why you're torn and why this wonderful venue of different people is going to give you endless amounts of different opinions to consider.

******OK Rant over********:P :yes:

To me it sounds like you've given it a lot of thought and are ready to make an informed choice. From what you've told us you given thought to your near future, by working for your parents. I say give it tons of thought and follow your :heart: .

Unfortunately I have to present you with a buzzkill, that ALL piercings have the chance of leaving a scar. Think about it...you're taking a needle, which is this case is a circular scapel, with a beveled edge, that is slicing through your skin, it's going to leave a scar. But with a monroe, it'll probably just end up looking like a little pimple mark, no biggie.

But if you're still torn or just want to do some more research I suggest going to

www.bmezine.com

and read through some of the monroe experiences and look at some of the pictures.

And good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say go with whatever your heart says. Make sure that you give it thought on both the pro and con side, but in the end go with your heart. I think since you're young and have a good amount of time to enjoy it, go for it. I agree that piercing something in your face should be considered a great deal.

******Warning******Mini Rant approaching********:P ;) :yes: :P

I know all about the double standard that society has....it's my face, body, etc. I should be able to do with it what I want. Just because I have _____ piercing or ______ tattoo doesn't effect my ability to do _______ job.

But society has been warped to believe that if you have a little diamond stud in your face or 1/2 holes in your ears, that your brain power has automatically been effected in a negative way.

I'm a teacher. I have 8 holes in one ear and 10 in the other. My back is almost entirely tattooed. I also have my septum pierced. But because people can't look beyond the surface level, I have to wear my hair down to cover my ears, all my tattoos have to be placed on my body on parts that can be hidden my clothing and I always wear my septum flipped up. Society makes the asumption that because I've decided to alter my body (for what I believe is the better) that I can't and won't be an effective teacher.

So I understand why you're torn and why this wonderful venue of different people is going to give you endless amounts of different opinions to consider.

******OK Rant over********:P :yes:

To me it sounds like you've given it a lot of thought and are ready to make an informed choice. From what you've told us you given thought to your near future, by working for your parents. I say give it tons of thought and follow your :heart: .

Unfortunately I have to present you with a buzzkill, that ALL piercings have the chance of leaving a scar. Think about it...you're taking a needle, which is this case is a circular scapel, with a beveled edge, that is slicing through your skin, it's going to leave a scar. But with a monroe, it'll probably just end up looking like a little pimple mark, no biggie.

But if you're still torn or just want to do some more research I suggest going to

www.bmezine.com

and read through some of the monroe experiences and look at some of the pictures.

And good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW! Lol thank you for all of that information! I hadnt seen that site yet so i'm having a look at some of the monroes know :smile: So much to think about atm Thanks very much!

I personally have never had a Monroe (although many other piercings when younger), but I do know several people with one and must say, it looks really cute! Don't be scared about the marks, they are usually unnoticeable for what I've seen on my friend, unless you get the thicker gauges which I don't recommend.

Important! Listen to what the piercer tells you (if you decide to get it). The 2nd time around that I pierced my tongue, I kept smoking cigarettes even though I'd been banned for at least 2 weeks and ended up getting a nasty ass infection. Needless to say, I had to take it out.

Also important: Parents' permission! Saves you a lot of drama. My dad, who's a dentist, totally freaked. And I was 18 already!

In my opinion i would wait a few years to see how you feel about it, when i was your age i wanted lots of different piercings on my face at different times, one time it was my nose, another time my lip etc, i never ended up getting any of them, even though my mum was totally fine about it.

So my point is now that i'm 20 i hate facial peircings and thank god i didn't get one, it was just a phase, so wait a few months/years and see how you feel about it then, if you still feel the same way about it then go for it!

My suggestion is that you experiment with stick-on bindis first. The variety is limitless, they are cheap, and you can get a better idea of whether a piercing is really what you want, or maybe you will just want more bindis!

I've never had a monroe piercing, but I had one under my lip. I had it for around 2 years and I have taken it out 3 years ago. I now have a hole under my lip that will NOT close up! It does close up from the inside (inside your mouth), but there will still be a crater on the outside (on your skin).

It doesn't bother me much, but then again, I am not very vain. I do not look at myself in the mirror that much and it is under my lip, so the hole is *covered* by the shadow of my lips...

Please remember: yours would be above your lip and not be covered by shadow! It will look like a giant pore, about 1mm in diameter!!! It will not look nice and concealer will not cover it, as it will actually be a hole, not just a scar! At least that is how mine looks!

Not trying to scare you, please don't get offended! I am just trying to warn you.

here are the pics of *the hole in my face* :sad:

Monroe_piercing_2.jpg

Monroe_piercing.jpg

it is not always this noticable btw... check this out:
Monroe_piercing_3.jpg

i guess the last pic is just too dark to see it...

^^ Yup. My upper cartilage hasn't had in earring in it in 10+ years & the hole is as fresh as the day it was pierced! Plus, I've never personally known anyone w/ a monroe piercing but a friend had a nose stud & years after she took it out it STILL looked like a blackhead! GROSS! I KNEW her & it would still make me do a double take. If you are this on the fence about it, I would say wait & see how you feel in time!