My LV is Peeling!

cutiek1t

O.G.
Oct 5, 2006
I decided to take out my mono bucket to use and realized that the inside linning is peeling. Is this possible?
There was no water and i do take really good care of all my bag. Anyone have this happen to ypur bag ? Thanks

Do you live in a humid climate? The vuittonite in the makeup pouches and the bucket are known to peel over time, especially in humid weather.

i used to live in the san francisco bay area... pacifica to be exact but my bucket was ok. it was really humid in pacifica though. i got my bucket in 2000 and left the bay 2005 but the inside still looks the same as the day i got it... of course there's tiny pen marks here and there but overall its still ok. do you store it in the dustbag and box? im just thinking that since my bucket didnt come with a box, i just stored it in the dustbag, it was able to "breathe". kwim? sorry this has gotten very long.

I live in San Francisco area so the weather is not that humid, what a disapoiment for a LV quality. :cursing:
\

what a dissapointment:crybaby: to hear about your bag :sad: got to check up on my bags from time to time then. i'm shocked to hear how it just happened out of thin air. lots of ladies here are wondering the same thing.
I live near SF too, and i don't think it has anything to do with the humidity. hope you can find out what made it happen or have LV help you out. hopefully they can

People have talked about this problem before on the forum. Humidity is one cause and how the bags are stored can add to the problem. It is a easy repair from LV and I think it runs in the $150.00 range. I doubt if LV will exchange the bag or offer any free repairs--but if you do get it repaired maybe see if they can put another linning in made of a different material so it won't happen again.
Good luck.