What is the most necessary chanel bag to have?

JFusion

Mar 29, 2007
Ok, quick question! What is the most necessary bag to have to your chanel collection? GST? PST? Reporter? Bowler? I know the answer is all of them. But I was wondering what you think.

There are indeed a lot of posts about the GST and although it is a great bag, it's the Chanel I reach for least. I have black cavair and it's the fact that I am not a true black bag person, much prefering brown and blue shades. I wish Chanel would make the GST in more caviar colors!

I think the Luxury Bowler is a necessary bag as well as a baby Cabas.

I guess I would say the most necessary bag to get is the one that makes YOUR heart beat faster :love: There are so many gorgeous Chanels out there, and I think hitting a good boutique or department store and just trying them on is the way to go . . . even a classic flap, while beautiful and timeless, is not for everyone. You will definitely know when you've found a dream bag (or two, or five . . . :drool: ) have fun choosing!!!

I think the classic flap is the most iconic Chanel bag, but I don't think it's for everyone. It took me years and many Chanels to get around to appreciating the beauty of the classic flap. I'd go to a store and try out different styles to see which one suits you most. If you only plan to get 1 Chanel, then it should be one that you would use, not an iconic bag that sits in the closet.