Swift Birkin question...Help, please...?

I have a 25cm Swift Birkin and the inside is lined in Swift leather. It feels very smooth. I believe that Clemence and Sift weight the same when they are the same size.

Also the color's do look different in chevre than swift.

Attachments

• DSC00255WTMKWTMK.JPG
    DSC00255WTMKWTMK.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 296
  • DSC00256WTMK.JPG
    DSC00256WTMK.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC00257WTMK.JPG
    DSC00257WTMK.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 288
I have an orange swift and the inside is also swift. I have not noticed any sctraches inside or out and I do not baby the bag. I do not own any other Birkins (YET) so I cannot compare the lining with any other bags

Yes, Swift and Gulliver leathers are delicate. I still talk about the Gulliver/Swift corners on my Noisette Kelly rubbing FAST!!!! So fast I was shocked! Whipped that baby right to the spa though and she came back looking good as new!!!! So, where the delicacly of the leather might be a "con" its ability to come back from the spa looking brand, spanking new is a "pro", IMO.

Yes, Swift and Gulliver leathers are delicate. I still talk about the Gulliver/Swift corners on my Noisette Kelly rubbing FAST!!!! So fast I was shocked! Whipped that baby right to the spa though and she came back looking good as new!!!! So, where the delicacly of the leather might be a "con" its ability to come back from the spa looking brand, spanking new is a "pro", IMO.
I have not taken mine to the spa yet, I just rub out whatever little scratches show up...seems to scratch less than box (in my experience).

I just looked inside my swift Birkin, and the lining is definitely swift. I really like the lining being the same as the outside. I think it gives a nice overall smooth look to the whole bag. If my swift was lined in chevre, it wouldn't have that same smooth look, IMO.

It does scratch up. My Birkin has alot of scratches inside and small ones on the outside. This leather is delicate. IMO

Like I've said before, I wouldn't recommend a swift for a first or only Birkin (then again, who can stop at one?:P ), or if you plan to use this bag every day as your only bag for a really long time. It's got that gorgeous smooth look but the tradeoff is that it is delicate.

Hiya, landed myself with 2 Swifts, a Kelly and a Birkin, but not totally by choice, only cos the H stores I went into happen to have it. I am loving them now thou, if you love colours, it's a good bag to have. Just remember to treat it like a baby ;)

Hello i need some advise here on swift birkin.. for the zipper pull, normally it will have a slight indented contour above the seam, is it abnormal if one has no clear contours? Please share.. Thank you very much!! :smile:

LOVE LOVE LOVE Swift. It is durable, soft to the touch, a dream to wear and has an elegant matte sheen. The most lux of any non exotic IMO. Congrats on finding a treasure of a bag~