Bolide & Kelly, anyone use the shoulder strap?

amytude

O.G.
Mar 10, 2007
I do love both these styles & like that they come with a strap, but I'm wondering if these are cumbersome or if they're really usable. Of course, either of these are still a dream for me, but a girl can dream, can't she? I just want to be "ready" with my dream bag should DH get a sizable bonus. I just found out that there's an independently owned boutique in my area (cleveland, oh). Anybody ever been there?

Amy

I use the strap on my combo Kelly......but not on my others. Mine are all vintage and I had to buy the strap separately for my newest but somehow I knew I'd be using this bag more with a strap than without.....

Amytude,

I Just carried my black Bolide today and used the shoulder strap several times. Couldn't get along without my Kelly's shoulder straps, either.

I've never used the shoulder strap for my Kelly or Bolide so I can't be of any help to you, unfortunately. I'm sure you will receive a lot of feedback from other members though.

I prefer to hand hold the Kelly or hold it in the crook of the arm, but I leave the strap on just in case I need my hands. The strap has come in handy in many situations like grocery shopping, fun shopping, crossing the street with kids, etc.

I just got a Kelly about a month ago and I was actually a bit surprised at how much I used the strap. I normally prefer handheld bags and I also prefer the look of a handheld Kelly v. on the shoulder but I kept catching myself putting it on the shoulder. It's just so convenient.

I like handheld handbags, but I love the option of having the strap on my bolide and use it quite often. The strap also helps casual-ify the bag if just beating around town running errands.

I always have the strap attached on my Bolides...just tuck them inside when not in use (I carry my bags open). When I travel, I take the strap off, tuck inside and zip it up - works like a charm!