Home & Garden Sheets!

ElephanyGirl

this too shall pass
Jan 6, 2010
Can anyone recommend a quality brand of sheets? I have tried at least 8 different sets, but continue to have problems with quality, texture, etc. Please let me know what your favorites are, as I am at my wit's end!

i have a pottery barn set that I have had for 4 years and they are just as soft and nice as the day i got them, I now have a few sets from them but I love them. Good luck!

what is your budget? I like Matteo and just ordered a 100% linen sheet set from Gilt. The cotton sheet sets from Matteo are also beautiful.

Look for Egyptian cotton from Italy, Portugal and the US and don't just rely on thread count. If you search there is an informative thread explaining the marketing of thread count.

On the other hand, all of the brands mentioned above are beautiful and I've bought lots of Ikea sheets in the past. My boyfriend's mother also sent me a great set of cotton sheets that she found at TJ Maxx.

Ive been loving ralph lauren and tommy hilfiger. Ive found them at Marshalls and been pleased. I have them on all the beds in the house.

I am a fan of The Company Store

Do you order things from them all the way from Germany? I have friends with relatives in Germany and they are always telling me how only Germans know how to do bedding right. ;)

I'm glad to hear Company Store is still making quality bed linens. Years and years ago I used to order all our bedding from The Company Store. Blankets, pillows, everything. It was all manufactured up in northern Wisconsin. Beautiful stuff. Rather pricey, but worth it. They were making high-quality down blankets and feather beds long before these things became fashionable or any other major manufacturer was making them.

I still have an old farmhouse-style feather bed from them. A huge goose feather pillow that's like a big cloud that you sink into. I have it on the guest room bed and every guest we've ever had has raved about it. Company Store used to have a service that they would clean your featherbed for $20, taking all the feathers out of the cover and laundering them, then sewing them back in. I think they stopped doing this about 20 years ago. :nogood: That's about the time they started making everything in China. Alas, their products were never the same.

Do you order things from them all the way from Germany? I have friends with relatives in Germany and they are always telling me how only Germans know how to do bedding right. ;)

I'm glad to hear Company Store is still making quality bed linens. Years and years ago I used to order all our bedding from The Company Store. Blankets, pillows, everything. It was all manufactured up in northern Wisconsin. Beautiful stuff. Rather pricey, but worth it. They were making high-quality down blankets and feather beds long before these things became fashionable or any other major manufacturer was making them.

I still have an old farmhouse-style feather bed from them. A huge goose feather pillow that's like a big cloud that you sink into. I have it on the guest room bed and every guest we've ever had has raved about it. Company Store used to have a service that they would clean your featherbed for $20, taking all the feathers out of the cover and laundering them, then sewing them back in. I think they stopped doing this about 20 years ago. :nogood: That's about the time they started making everything in China. Alas, their products were never the same.

Now that I live in Germany again I buy my bedding here ;) ...but we lived in the States for many moons and since the americans couldn't get bedding "right" we bought from The Company Store. A lot of my sheets were european style, so it was hard finding an american pillow that would fit my 80x80cm sheets. Company store had the perfect pillows :biggrin:

We get out feather beds cleaned every few years. There's a store around here that does it for about 15€ :smile: I now have a down-allergy and had to get rid of my down pillows, blankets and jackets but my kids still have them