melpomeni

a.k.a. Mandy!
O.G.
May 5, 2012
OKAY who is ready for some LP goodness? :3

To start, a little teaser~
July19th172.jpg

lol okay here are the rest!

The bag arrived already put into its dust bag.
July19th173.jpg

It is...a DMT in Scotch! oooooo~
July19th174.jpg

The leather is delectable, and so soft. The smell that came from the box when I opened it was something else.
There was however, a small upset during all my glee. I came previously marked and as if cleaning or removal of a mark had been done on the front pocket.
July19th175.jpg

Here with a flash:
July19th176.jpg

In truth it could be worse, I suppose, but it was still disappointing. I am going to try to clean and condition the leather to see if I can improve it. Updates will probably come later today.

So I used some leather conditioner to see what could be done. Left it to dry, and...
DSC00356.jpg

The leather around it looks a lot better, not at all scuffed up. The "hole" remains but it is pretty superficial, you can barely see it from a distance and you'd have to squint to tell. An improvement IMO. Now to spray on some stain and water repellent and we'll be good to go :smile:

You're right; the mark isn't that big a deal. I still feel better than I was able to spruce it up a little bit though :3

I've added the spray to it and let it sit to dry before putting it back into its dust bag. I'm debating if I want the convention (Tokyo in Tulsa) I am going to this weekend to be its debut. There's no doubt it's large enough to carry any swag I pick up, but if it gets dirty I think I'll throw a fit lol! The leather is so plush and soft...I must protect it! *puts it away in her closet forever* :giggles:

You're right; the mark isn't that big a deal. I still feel better than I was able to spruce it up a little bit though :3

I've added the spray to it and let it sit to dry before putting it back into its dust bag. I'm debating if I want the convention (Tokyo in Tulsa) I am going to this weekend to be its debut. There's no doubt it's large enough to carry any swag I pick up, but if it gets dirty I think I'll throw a fit lol! The leather is so plush and soft...I must protect it! *puts it away in her closet forever* :giggles:

I would never dare tell you what to do, but while the leather is plush and soft, it's also pretty durable. I have a small speedy in Scotch. I have carried it all summer. It even fell on the floor of my car the other day (I didn't realize it) when I was driving a bunch of dirty, horseback riding girls home from camp! It still looks great. Enjoy it!

It's so lovely! congrats, and the little flaw looks small, it adds character to the bag :smile:
Enjoy your new bag! I want DMT too, I still don't have one! I always thought it might be too long for me as I'm not very tall (5'4) so if it's too long it might look weird on me...but I like it a lot, still thinking about getting one

It's so lovely! congrats, and the little flaw looks small, it adds character to the bag :smile:
Enjoy your new bag! I want DMT too, I still don't have one! I always thought it might be too long for me as I'm not very tall (5'4) so if it's too long it might look weird on me...but I like it a lot, still thinking about getting one

Thank you :smile:
I'm 5'5" and the length is JUST right for me, but I wouldn't go any bigger as far as height of a bag goes. I am also a larger sized person so perhaps that offsets the length a bit too but I think someone of your stature can pull it off!

I'm 5' 1" and have a DMT. I love it. It is a good bag for me when I use the handles over my shoulder, but with the cross body strap, it is a little bit big. I used it as my every day bag last fall/winter and it worked great! But, I'm enjoying my summer bag - it's a Dylan Small Speedy - so much, that I thought I'd try a smaller every day bag for fall/winter, too. I'll for sure still use my DMT, but probably not every day.

My favorite bag in my favorite leather color!!! I love it, I love the smell of it.

It looks like it has a weird puncture really, not so much a cleaning spot. Contact them if you're not happy (I assume you bought from LP online?).

I'm 5' 1" and have a DMT. I love it. It is a good bag for me when I use the handles over my shoulder, but with the cross body strap, it is a little bit big. I used it as my every day bag last fall/winter and it worked great! But, I'm enjoying my summer bag - it's a Dylan Small Speedy - so much, that I thought I'd try a smaller every day bag for fall/winter, too. I'll for sure still use my DMT, but probably not every day.

:biggrin:I guess the only thing was stopping me not yet get this bag is the height of the bag, I do love big bags as I always have too many things to carry with me, DMT almost is a square bag isn't it

Lovely bag! All these scotch bag reveals have made the color really grow on me. :graucho: I'm also on the shorter side (5'2") and have wondered about the length, so thanks for everyone's input on that. Enjoy your bag! I have a super light grey LP that I protected (according to the directions here) and even the couple spots that got on it came off quite easily. So I agree on the durable part. Thanks for sharing!

jenbur said:
Lovely bag! All these scotch bag reveals have made the color really grow on me. :graucho: I'm also on the shorter side (5'2") and have wondered about the length, so thanks for everyone's input on that. Enjoy your bag! I have a super light grey LP that I protected (according to the directions here) and even the couple spots that got on it came off quite easily. So I agree on the durable part. Thanks for sharing!

I just got the DMT in scotch and I'm only 5'3. It doesn't overpower me even when I use it with the cross body strap. I love it so much!!