avoid buyer BELLYBATH10 - manipulative thief! what a pain

radsres

O.G.
Feb 14, 2010
perhaps this is just to vent -

i have a lot of designer bags that have been impulse purchases over the years and have just sat around in dust bags/boxes. some i've used less than a handful of times.

while being an ebay member for years, i was always hesitant to sell mostly because of reading your nightmare stories.

over the last year i needed to free up space and decided, with much hesitation, to part with some of my bags. it had been a good experience with the first few and then last week happened.

i put my speedy 25 up for sale. i bought this bag a few years ago, used it for a 3 day trip to palm beach and it has literally sat in it's dust bag and box for the entire rest of the time. the bag had all of it's original parts, the lock still attached, all tags. i also bought a base shaper from ebay that i included in the sale.

i posted clear pictures and described the item as best as i could. the only flaw was a small stain on the inside but it was barely noticeable and it was so faint that my camera wouldn't even capture a picture. i also mentioned that i ship via ups (personal preference, my local post office is very unreliable - issues with stolen packages, etc.) and that i do not accept returns.

after the first day of posting i had 18 watchers so i was fairly confident that i would be able to sell my bag.

on the second day, BELLYBATH10 purchased by bag via BIN. immediately after the purchase she wrote me an email saying that she would prefer the bag to be shipped via USPS priority if possible. she also wanted the bag immediately because she had to use it "for a thing later in the week."

this should have been a first warning to me because she really should have cleared shipping issues with me before buying the item. regardless, because i try to accommodate buyers, i went to the post office and shipped as she wanted. it cost me an extra $22.47 in addition to my shipping cost to do so.

i contacted the buyer and informed her of this and asked her to paypal me the difference. no response. waited 2 days, the bag was delivered. sent another message. no response.

yesterday i get a message from her with bogus claims that the lock was severely discolored and that i should refund her $25 and she would be leaving appropriate feedback.

the lock has minor oxidation as many speedy locks have over time. pictures of the lock were posted with the auction. to call it severely discolored is a gross over exaggeration. i told her of this. she writes more messages saying that i should be lucky i sold the bag for such a good price. claiming that paypal would not protect me as a seller because i didn't do signature confirmation (using language like "you're welcome for informing you of signature confirmation,") and then continues threats of leaving "appropriate feedback."

i cannot believe what a hassle this has become. i tried to accommodate this monster by shipping as she wanted and got the bag to her in 2 days (from nyc to california). and instead of being appreciative and honest, and paying me the difference that she owes, she comes up with a bogus claim to avoid the issue.

i started a complaint with ebay under "feedback distortion" but after reading some of your stories i have little faith. i am sure that i won't get my money and now she will attempt to destroy my reputation as a seller (which was spotless up until this point).

so frustrated :sad:

If you did not use sig confirmation, you are indeed lucky. She could have claimed INR and you would be SOL. Moot point, I hope. Since she did not pay for the extra shipping, maybe just let her know you will eat it and call it even. It stinks, but I am not sure she might still win INR and get all her money back. You could ask her to ship it back and you would refund as long as the bag is in exact condition as when it left.
Depending on how the feedback was referenced, it may be seen as extortion; never know with EBay.
Always use sig conf when shipping something over $250.

If the buyer wanted a more expensive shipping method you really should have refunded the original payment, and sent her a new invoice with the correct shipping amount. I'm pretty sure it's against eBay policy to ask for additional money after a sale.

I would refund her $25 just to get rid of her. She sounds psycho! A clear case of feedback extortion, you were "lucky" she didn´t open an INR. Thanks for posting so I can block this loony.

edit. it says invalid user when I post her id in my block bidders list. Did you spell it correctly?

I would refund her $25 just to get rid of her. She sounds psycho! A clear case of feedback extortion, you were "lucky" she didn´t open an INR. Thanks for posting so I can block this loony.

edit. it says invalid user when I post her id in my block bidders list. Did you spell it correctly?

Change it all to lower case; ebay is a bit weird like that with the block list!

EDITED: AND IT LOOKS LIKE THEY HAVE JUST CHANGED THEIR ID !!

Last edited:
I get an error also when I input "bellybath10." OP, can you see if she changed her ID?

Sorry you're going through this. It sounds like this buyer knows their way around the system. I would try calling eBay and tell them what's going on- I've had a lot better luck going that route than with filing reports electronically.

speedah and others -

OMGGG just checked her ID, and she has now changed it to "bittykittysoftpaws"
all of my messages from her are under bellybath10. and now she left negative feedback.

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS I AM SO LIVID.

I get an error also when I input "bellybath10." OP, can you see if she changed her ID?

Sorry you're going through this. It sounds like this buyer knows their way around the system. I would try calling eBay and tell them what's going on- I've had a lot better luck going that route than with filing reports electronically.

speedah and others -

OMGGG just checked her ID, and she has now changed it to "bittykittysoftpaws"
all of my messages from her are under bellybath10. and now she left negative feedback.

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS I AM SO LIVID.

Thanks for the update- that worked.

That is so not cool that she left you a neg. :sad: Definitely do a follow up comment and call eBay to see if you can at least report her. Unfortunately they probably won't remove the feedback but at least they might be able to put a note on her record about her antics.

Grabbed a screen shot before she went private.

I wasn't sure if her bidding history would still be visible once she switched to private fb.

Attachments

• bittykittysoftpaws1.JPG
    bittykittysoftpaws1.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 777
Last edited:
I looked up her past purchases on Goofbay, and it's odd... 3 of the 6 bags she's purchased (all in something like the last month, too) have ended up relisted by the seller. In the ones that weren't relisted, she didn't leave feedback for the seller. Weird, right? Sounds like a huge PITA buyer.