avoid buyer BELLYBATH10 - manipulative thief! what a pain

I now only do CL (craigslist) cash agreed in advance and carry (in safe publics areas) for anything over 250 LOL bags especially. Scammers have gotten too sophisticated with the bag thing :-/

how are credit card chargeback claims handled?

Credit card companies give varying amounts of time to allow chargebacks - generally up to two or three months but sometimes more.

Given your buyer's retaliatory behaviour, if I had to guess I would think she might try this sooner rather than later if she is going to do it at all.

Take a screen shot of the listing for your files and keep copies of all the correspondence on this for at least the next six months. But hopefully you won't need it and you are finished with this buyer. Good luck.

thanks everyone for your kind words and support. :smile:

it's safe to say that i will be taking a break from selling. (i will happily hold on to my chole paraty :P).

speedah i am PMing you right now.

IT'S NOT OVER

just got an email from paypal saying they are requesting additional information from the buyer.

what is this about?

why are they sending me this message when the case was already resolved?

Call PP and ask them what gives.

called paypal. she is appealing the decision. they have asked for additional information (they are not allowed to say what this information is). she has 72 hours to provide this information after which they will make a decision.

it just doesn't end. i can't believe what a low life she is.

called paypal. she is appealing the decision. they have asked for additional information (they are not allowed to say what this information is). she has 72 hours to provide this information after which they will make a decision.

it just doesn't end. i can't believe what a low life she is.

They won't tell you the info they are requesting, unfortunately..

But it sounds like she is going to contact her cc... if she chooses

to dispute the charge, pp usually does not get involved once she

contacts her cc... she will probably provide the cc with why she is

disputing the charge . they in turn will do an investigation & make a

decision as well and the buyer will be advised what she has to do..

that has been my experience with Amex don't know about the other cc

Wouldn't you think she had better things to do than waste her time scamming you like this? I mean seriously. My sister who was selling stunning, NIB Chanel shoes, Chanel bags, rare collectors Chanel items in very tiny sizes because she is so small has stopped selling on ebay. Not worth it. Most of the buyers were in asia, i think because of the sizes but everyone was trying to pull one over on her. After a while she would only sell in us but with the fees of paypal, ebay, shipping, etc.. it is really hardly worth it anymore. And, rarely will ebay side on the side of their client ...US

I haven't read everyone's responses so don't know if it's been mentioned but have you transfered any money you might have in your paypal account out? I would if I were you. I would not make it easy for them.

ETA: Oops, did just see it was mentioned already. Sorry this nightmare has been extended OP! Good luck, hope this is over quickly and in your favor.

Last edited: