Ghillie love!

Hi solala99!

Nice that you've found a reseller with the bag......here are my thoughts
1. Only you can say what you are comfortable with as far as mark up goes. There will be a premium but you can set the acceptable price in your mind and focus, you may be able to negotiate. If this one is over your budget, move on. I think more will turn up down the road. There are still SO Kelly's showing up now and then. You don't want to regret your purchase every time you look at the bag. You should enjoy it!

2. If you like the bicolor, keep looking, some are still showing up in stores and you may be able to get one in the boutique. If you are in the US, or Paris I think it's easier to get one from the boutique. As far as the size is concerned, I know exactly where you are coming from. I only wear 32's and dislike briefcase looking bags and was very concerned that I ordered the 35. Surprisingly, I really liked it and the extra bit of room it offered as a daily bag. If I was looking for an evening out bag it's definitely too big, so you should consider your lifestyle and when you plan to use it. I think the larger size makes it more casual and fun. I am 5'2" and about size 4(115 lbs).

3. The first batch, fauve, rubis and vert Veronese tadalakt were only in permabrass. I am not sure what hardware is being offered in the bicolor swift bags.

Good luck with your decision! I'll keep fingers crossed for you!:smile:

Hi Dharma

Thank you very much for your advice! I think what you say is very wise in that it is not worth feeling regret everytime I look at the bag. I will go back with a price that I am more comfortable with paying and see how it goes.

Over the past few hours I have been thinking about the 35cm Rhubis vs 32cm bicolour gris perle/etoupe issue and realised that the extra 3cm doesn't make me love the Rhubis any less ... I think it is because I was given a choice between the two and I usually don't have a choice when it comes to Hermes... made me confused and lose focus on what it is I really want.

I won't be in Paris until later this year and actually may also drop by the US on my way but I imagine my chances will diminish with passing time... I have asked my local store in Australia and no luck. Maybe if I drop a rather obvious hint to my SA that I'm willing to spend the reseller premium at the store for actual H goods in return for an offer to purchase a rhubis ghillies... hehehe (just kidding... well only half-kidding; if only it was that *easy* and also I'm currently overseas in Asia where getting even a carre is like squeezing blood from a stone:panic:)

O by the way the bicolours that I was offered were all with PHW.

Thanks again for your time in considering my questions and also your well wishes :hugs:

Ruelamode is a respectable reseller. But their B&K prices are not cheap.

Echo the advice above, how much premium you want to pay depends on your comfort level. By all means, negotiate. I tend to think the 35 is pretty big bag and 32 is a decent size. If you mean to only buy one, stick with the colour you love and that so motivated you, ie rubis.

On the other hand, there will still be chances that if you dO not decide now, there will still opportunities to find gillies later at resellers.

Jadeite said:
Ruelamode is a respectable reseller. But their B&K prices are not cheap.

Echo the advice above, how much premium you want to pay depends on your comfort level. By all means, negotiate. I tend to think the 35 is pretty big bag and 32 is a decent size. If you mean to only buy one, stick with the colour you love and that so motivated you, ie rubis.

On the other hand, there will still be chances that if you dO not decide now, there will still opportunities to find gillies later at resellers.

Thanks Jadeite! I am waiting to hear back on whether they are open to negotiate the price.
I just did a search on ruelamode and one of the posts mentioned they take a 7% commission for finding a B or K. I think that's quite a reasonable fee (though can't remember how recent that post was). I will email them and find out.

SoLaLa99 said:
Thanks Jadeite! I am waiting to hear back on whether they are open to negotiate the price.
I just did a search on ruelamode and one of the posts mentioned they take a 7% commission for finding a B or K. I think that's quite a reasonable fee (though can't remember how recent that post was). I will email them and find out.

Hi SoLaLa.. Ruelamode charged 7% on top of boutique price for items except for Hermes items..
Before 2012 all my Bs were bought from Ruelamode.. They're a trusted reseller.. I bought Rubis B and Orange B from Ruelamode and the price definetly were not 7% above boutique price.. But for the peace of mind knowing that it is authentic i dun really mind..
HTH

Hi SoLaLa.. Ruelamode charged 7% on top of boutique price for items except for Hermes items..
Before 2012 all my Bs were bought from Ruelamode.. They're a trusted reseller.. I bought Rubis B and Orange B from Ruelamode and the price definetly were not 7% above boutique price.. But for the peace of mind knowing that it is authentic i dun really mind..
HTH
Hi KeeKeee, thanks so much on the intel!
I'll have to weigh up my options ....

Hello lovely TPF'ers

... I have put myself in a bit of a pickle that I'd like your advice on please

As I have posted previously I was asking about my chances of getting a ghillies kelly and a lot of you recommended that I try the reseller route... (thank you agan for everyone's advice :flowers:)

So I sort of did. I normally wouldn't because I am concerned about authenticity but I have reasoned that the risk would be relatively much lower in regards to a ghillies kelly... (it's amazing how easy it is to lie to, sorry, I mean convince oneself :shame::whistle:)

anyway long story short, now I am presented with 3 options and all at significant mark-up :crybaby:

As a result my questions are:
(1) What is a reasonable premium to pay a reseller? I don't know how much the Ghillies Kelly cost in Europe/London but I think I saw it being posted in this thread that a 32cm was around 7k Euro. I purchased a 32cm black box kelly in Japan at the H store earlier this year and that was around 9k AUD.... With this ghillies Kelly I am facing a mark-up to twice this price, ie, 20k AUD. :faint::wtf: I don't want to pay it on principle because I know the original price is nowhere near there... :nono: but wanted to hear your thoughts (I think I've just answered my own question already *sigh*). Perhaps I can negotiate - kind of tacky but at 10k premium I can afford to be tacky... 10k can afford me another Kelly or Birkin (if I'm lucky) from Paris which I am going to later this year

(2) I originally was desparate for the rhubis :love: but they also have the bicolours... I am a little partial to the gris perle/etoupe cw but think my heart still lies with the rhubis notwithstanding that it is "last season" (though H never goes out of season really)... also they only have the rhubis in a 35cm and I originally was looking for a 32cm - I do not know how much difference 3cm makes (I would prefer a 28cm but I read here that it is not made in the 28cm). I tend to think larger kellies look like briefcases (no offence to anyone) and I wanted to use this ghillies as a casual bag. This is why I'm considering the bicolour because that is a 32cm. Please give me your thoughts on
(a) bicolour gris perle/etoupe vs rhubis and
(b) 35cm vs 32cm

(3) Is the hardware for the ghillies kelly a choice between palladium or permabrass only? I thought there was also gold as it has been referred to here but perhaps it is really permabrass?

I'd really appreciate your advice... cos I'm :confused1:

Its really boils down on how much you want it..

1. Though I do agree 100% mark-up is a rather steep
2. I'm partial to the 32 in Rubis... :smile: cause I just love mine. The bi-colour ones are in a different leather swift as opposed to tadelakt - not sure how much the leather matters to you, for me it has a different feel and touch
3. In terms of hardware: the A/W 2011 solid colurs are in Permabrass the bi-color ones 2012 are palladium.

The permabrass works very well, IMHO with Rubis definitley a plus with the overall Ghillies look.

Hi KeeKeee, thanks so much on the intel!
I'll have to weigh up my options ....

Where are you located? I think I saw it somewhere on the reseller site they're selling K35 rubis ghillies permabrass hw for $14,000 which is so much better than 20K :wtf:
I personally will never pay extra for something that I know I can get for so much cheaper but if that is exactly what you want then maybe it's worth it:smile:

So lovely! The Kelly sister to Mrs.Rance's birkin! This color combo really is TDF! Congratulations and wear her in the best of health!
Thank you, dharma!
Love your ghillie! It's so nice and class! Major congrats!! Enjoy :smile:
Thank you, dp7328!
Your Kelly is beyond gorgeous:love: Thanks for sharing!
Thank you, kashmira! The Ghillie adds a cool twist to the kelly, IMHO. :smile: