Let's honor our RM MAMs.. Pictures & Chat!!

:smile::smile::smile::smile:

Am terribly excited with this purchase; no other bag has thrilled me as much (not my red Longchamp planetes or my black leather Coach Madison)

Am thinking of adding a MAC Whipstitch and another MAM. Am also considering a Matinee and a Casanova satchel (which was my original choice)

Any suggested colors? :smile:

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 440
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 446
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 447
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 443
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 443
mauveboudoir83 said:

Am terribly excited with this purchase; no other bag has thrilled me as much (not my red Longchamp planetes or my black leather Coach Madison)

Am thinking of adding a MAC Whipstitch and another MAM. Am also considering a Matinee and a Casanova satchel (which was my original choice)

This is lovely! Congratulations and welcome to the obsessive world of RM!

RM does color very well - just depends on the color palate you prefer...these days I am into her more colorful bags

Tangerine

image-2095229737.jpg

Magenta and Plum

image-1855290143.jpg

I think some of her colors are even better than Bals :smile:. Whatever you pick - I am sure you will love it!

Welcome Minkette!

Last Sunday, the 4 p.m. light hit the inside of our house so friggin' nicely, I had to have a minor shoot of some of my bag babies.

Here's the BBW SO with red zipper track and matte black hardware. No photo editing except for resizing them - had to make the photos smaller.

Attachments

• P1050247abtpf.jpg
    P1050247abtpf.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 409
  • P1050244abtpf.jpg
    P1050244abtpf.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 411
Hi, mauve! Yeah...go get more RMs! :biggrin: As for the colors, red's right, really depends on what your color flavor is. :smile: Or, rather, your color flavor of the month. :biggrin: Whatever color you're into for the moment (or whatever your favorite color is), the color or a shade close to it be around.

And then here's my Cobalt MAM (the older one with the blue and white lining) with silver hardware. My daughter was helping me out with the shoot (child labor!!! :P). She sat beside the Cobalt and you can see the shadow of her toes. :biggrin:

I still can't get the damn color, but I found a pic (thanks to Wikipedia!) that has the EXACT color the Cobalt MAM has. Beautiful, yeah?

Attachments

• P1050237abtpf.jpg
    P1050237abtpf.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 407
  • 220px-Cobalt_Blue.JPG
    220px-Cobalt_Blue.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 396
Then...the Noir MAM with patent bottom.

Up to now, I am STILL in love with the Noir leather. I cannot get over it.

And...yes...that day, I forgot to take a picture of her patent butt. :oh:

Attachments

• P1050287abtpf.jpg
    P1050287abtpf.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 394
  • P1050289abtpf.jpg
    P1050289abtpf.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 398
Hi Mauve! I'm so excited to see another Minkette from Manila!
There are a lot of great colors now. I agree, you'll fall in love with Plum. Tangerine is also a must have shade of orange!

This is lovely! Congratulations and welcome to the obsessive world of RM!

RM does color very well - just depends on the color palate you prefer...these days I am into her more colorful bags

Tangerine

View attachment 1773388

Magenta and Plum

View attachment 1773389

I think some of her colors are even better than Bals :smile:. Whatever you pick - I am sure you will love it!

Welcome Minkette!

Those are such pretty bags!

I've been eyeing Minkoff since 2011 and am so glad to finally be a Minkette. I hear that the leather also depends on the color... is there a rule of thumb, like browns are matte and brighter ones are glazed?

Am just frustrated that there are no RM stores in Manila so I can't see the bag for myself before purchasing:sad:

Any tips for an online RM shopper? (I don't like shopping off e-bay and second-hand sellers just for the reason that I don't want a bag with a "history" haha)

And then here's my Cobalt MAM (the older one with the blue and white lining) with silver hardware. My daughter was helping me out with the shoot (child labor!!! :P). She sat beside the Cobalt and you can see the shadow of her toes. :biggrin:

I still can't get the damn color, but I found a pic (thanks to Wikipedia!) that has the EXACT color the Cobalt MAM has. Beautiful, yeah?

I have heard so much about Minkoff's Cobalt blue... But they never seem to available anywhere! :sad:

It is so pretty! :smile:

Hello everyone,

I'll be posting these pictures of my one and only MAM for the simple reasons that a) I love it and b) when I was searching the web for the MAM in soft bronze, I only found like 2 pictures! So if anyone's searching, I hope this helps :smile:

So here it is sitting atop the stack of papers on my desk. Am a high school English teacher but I won't punish this little beauty with papers :smile: It's only 4 days old so it still looks boxy but I can see what people say that the more you use it, the more broken in it looks and the prettier it is :smile:

In real life, the color is darker; direct lighting here seems to lighten the shade :smile:

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 362
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I'll be posting these pictures of my one and only MAM for the simple reasons that a) I love it and b) when I was searching the web for the MAM in soft bronze, I only found like 2 pictures! So if anyone's searching, I hope this helps :smile:

So here it is sitting atop the stack of papers on my desk. Am a high school English teacher but I won't punish this little beauty with papers :smile: It's only 4 days old so it still looks boxy but I can see what people say that the more you use it, the more broken in it looks and the prettier it is :smile:

And I have no idea why the pics are upside down... any suggestions for that? :smile: