Secondhand Bargains....let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
they just were not what i needed. also i dont suit trench coats and some of them were like old man flasher coats (not good):roflmfao: also i didnt want to buy to sell as i done that in the past and i couldnt sell the items so i got stuck with all this clothing that i couldnt wear

You probably did the right thing...... sales are so slow right now!

I bought this coral necklace yesterday for $1. Now, I don't know much about coral so can someone help me out? I want to sell it but I don't know much about it. Could I take it somewhere and get answers? What do you think? Also, I bought this glass malachite jewelry container yesterday for $1 also.
IMG_20120624_171402-1.jpg

IMG_20120624_171053.jpg

OutOftheCloset063.jpg

I found this little bottle at the thrift store ...

It was $1.99 ...
OutOftheCloset070.jpg

Then ... I dropped it sadly ... clumsily ...

OutOftheCloset115.jpg

What in the sam heck a doodle do I do now?
OutOftheCloset115.jpg

The glass stopper is firmly stuck in there. The glass broke in a way that I could glue it ... but I do not know what kind of glue to use

That would be the most logical thing to do right? Glue it ... and then go from there?

I want to smell it ....

So far I have used Super Glue gel and then I tried to unscrew it and the glue apparently wasn't set. So now I have re-glued it. I think I should wait for ... a day to let the super glue set?

Someone told me to put it in the freezer for 15-60 minutes. The glass will supposedly become cold and shrink ... Anyone know if that will work?

Help! Hep me! Do you know how to fix this?

Raven3766 said:
I bought this coral necklace yesterday for $1. Now, I don't know much about coral so can someone help me out? I want to sell it but I don't know much about it. Could I take it somewhere and get answers? What do you think? Also, I bought this glass malachite jewelry container yesterday for $1 also.

Nice jewelry container Raven. About the coral. I know that there is dyed and natural coral as well as spongy or sponge coral. The undyed natural coral can be expensive. However my expertise is not enough to tell from the pics what kind this is. Hope someone else pitches in.

lazlo8 said:

It was $1.99 ...

The glass stopper is firmly stuck in there. The glass broke in a way that I could glue it ... but I do not know what kind of glue to use

That would be the most logical thing to do right? Glue it ... and then go from there?

I want to smell it ....

So far I have used Super Glue gel and then I tried to unscrew it and the glue apparently wasn't set. So now I have re-glued it. I think I should wait for ... a day to let the super glue set?

Someone told me to put it in the freezer for 15-60 minutes. The glass will supposedly become cold and shrink ... Anyone know if that will work?

Sorry you can't even smell the stuff it must be torture. But you are going to have to be patient. There is a very good glue that is used both in jewelry making and construction. I think it's called opoxy and it comes in 2 separate containers that you mix together to get the glue. You have to wait a few hours to let it dry though.

OutOftheCloset063.jpg

It was $1.99 ...
OutOftheCloset070.jpg

OutOftheCloset115.jpg

OutOftheCloset115.jpg

I want to smell it ....

Is that rubber around the edge of the stopper? Just glue the top on and admire the beauty of the bottle....or maybe....maybe....maybe...I don't know what the heck to tell you, sorry.:nogood::sad:

Nice jewelry container Raven. About the coral. I know that there is dyed and natural coral as well as spongy or sponge coral. The undyed natural coral can be expensive. However my expertise is not enough to tell from the pics what kind this is. Hope someone else pitches in.
Thx Magda. The jewelry container is going on the bay for $40; I am going to have to figure the coral thing out.

NewThrifter your Hermes look real to me ... and you gave me such a Nice nice thrifting contact High! Thank you! Don't do drugs, just thrift!

Thank you also for inspiring me to thrift beyond kid's clothes. Thrifting high, love that!

I have seen Arden B make some really cool stuff. I love the bell bottomness there. Those are seriously awesome!

They are ridiculously beautiful!

You know that feeling where something is so beautiful and ... the price is insanely low and it just doses you up with good endorphins? That is how I feel when I think about you digging thru a bunch of stuff and finding these! If we could bottle that feeling we'd make a Mellionnn Dollaaahhss

I'm so happy you joined us!

I still need to get the Arden B jeans hemmed. I am not that tall. They feel so nice on. Speaking of sewing, I need to learn. Hubby has been telling me for years to buy a sewing machine but they intimidate me.

I have been walking around all weekend reminding my hubby I got Hermes for $1! Endorphin high indeed. I saw the word Hermes and I think my heart skipped a beat. I even took them into the fitting room to really examine them in private. Waited for the cash register line to die down so no other customer sees them and makes a comment to prompt a higher price.

Status
Not open for further replies.