Unexpected surprises!

sweetart

♥
May 17, 2008
While checking my email late one Saturday afternoon, I saw that BTR was having a Celine sale. I wasn't expecting anything to be available since it was already late in the day but there was a black mini (for a great price) on reserve instead of being sold out! I left the page open so I could check to see if it would become available later and after cleaning the house, having dinner, and watching a movie at the theatre, IT FINALLY DID!

I checked out as fast as I could and waited impatiently for my bag to arrive. When I pulled it out of the dustbag, I immediately understood why so many people love it. It felt incredibly well made inside and out and looked fantastic. I had it authenticated as soon as I got home (and again just recently - thanks again to everyone who helped me) and now that I'm confident about my purchase, I would like to finally share my first Celine...

A black Palmeleto mini! :nuts:

7418202232_97bf7c36cb_z.jpg

I was expecting to receive a regular mini based on the price but when I looked more closely at the details of the bag and style number, I started to wonder if I received the wrong tags or the Palmeleto version. I ended up ordering a regular mini (which became available just a few days ago) to compare and my suspiscions were confirmed. My Black mini from BTR is made of Palmeleto leather! :love:

7418198788_a15a03bf08_z.jpg

Regular on left, Palmeleto on right

The leather is smoother, feels thicker/more structured and has a beautiful sheen. I am not sure how durable it is since I haven't actually used it but the regular one is already showing some scratches (it may have just been handled more though). Both are beautiful but I really lucked out. The Palmeleto is AMAZING. :heart:

congrats! i LOVE my black mini too. just wondering, does BTR always sell authentic or not all? i was tempted to buy the B/W cabas last time they had sale but i passed coz i wasn't sure. the price was really good.

Congrats on the black mini! Now I want one even more!!! The leather looks tdf.
Thank you! The leather is amazing IRL. :yes:

Lucky you! Enjoy your gorgeous new bag!!!
Thank you! :smile:
Wow! Congrats! Black is gorgeous, no matter how you look at it. Are you keeping both?

Thanks! I was afraid it'd be a little boring but I love it and I know I'll use it without worry. I'm returning the regular leather mini back to Nordstrom.

Lucky lady! Congrats on your new mini
Thank you!

congrats! i LOVE my black mini too. just wondering, does BTR always sell authentic or not all? i was tempted to buy the B/W cabas last time they had sale but i passed coz i wasn't sure. the price was really good.

Several tPF member's bought from the sale and their bags were authentic and I believe they off a guarantee that it is. I was a little worried as well but I'm glad i went for it!

So Classic, Congrats
thanks!

Hey friend! Congrats on your awesome find! This bag was meant to be! The palmeleto leather looks amazing in your pics I can only imagine it's so much better in person! Congrats again! :smile: