TNT to remake DALLAS

I Dvr it and just finished watching. I really like it! Love all the plotting and scheming. I so hate summer reality stuff ( other than my real housewives) and night soap drama is what I needed! I got so excited with the opening credits! Ah, nostalgia.

I did, too! I told DH that they'd better NOT change the opening song and they didn't!! I was so happy! :woohoo:

Loved the opening credits! Every time I read this thread the theme song sticks in my head. :lol: I'm loving that they brought this show back. So much nostalgia. Now I want to go back and watch some old episodes because even though I saw them back when, I can't remember a lot of it.

Where did you watch online? Is it instant on Netflix?

Dynasty is on cbs.com -- I think they have most of the Aaron Spelling shows. And TNT.com has the old Dallas epis.

I'm in Dallas, and here they were reporting 7 million viewers watched the premiere (nationally.) That sounds pretty good for TNT, right? The city is about to give the production company mega-benefits to stick around awhile. LOL.

Those are great numbers for cable. And solid numbers for a summer show (even network).

I have not watched it yet as I have been away but heard that Bobby's adopted son is Kristin's biological child. Remember Kristin, Sue Ellen's sister who had the affair with JR and was the one who shot him? Is he Kristin's son? And if so who is the biological father?

ohhh, the scandal for John Ross if that came out...since he keeps spouting about being a Ewing down to the DNa.:biggrin:

loved the opening with the theme music and the photography done the same old way. and i didn't realize how nostalgic i was for this until Sue Ellen mention the "Cattle Baron's Ball."

and i want the name of Linda Gray's plastic surgeon. she's had work done but she looks great!
Yeah, she looks great!

She looks like she's aged, but in a good way. I love that she has wrinkles and her face MOVES! I think she's had work, but probably nothing too invasive.

ohhh, the scandal for John Ross if that came out...since he keeps spouting about being a Ewing down to the DNa.:biggrin:

That issue was settled long ago. Christopher is Kristin's biological child. The father was a guy named Jeff Faraday. Kristin told both JR and Jordan Lee that they were the father so they would send her money every month, which they did. Blood tests proved that Jordan Lee wasn't the father of Kristin's baby. About a year later (IIRC), it was discovered that JR wasn't the father, either.

Yeah, she looks great!

She looks like she's aged, but in a good way. I love that she has wrinkles and her face MOVES! I think she's had work, but probably nothing too invasive.

that's the way to do it, she still looks like herself but no way does she look 70 years old. the work is subtle, not pulled to tight where you end up looking like a plastic doll.

That issue was settled long ago. Christopher is Kristin's biological child. The father was a guy named Jeff Faraday. Kristin told both JR and Jordan Lee that they were the father so they would send her money every month, which they did. Blood tests proved that Jordan Lee wasn't the father of Kristin's baby. About a year later (IIRC), it was discovered that JR wasn't the father, either.

Just burst my bubble already KathyB!! LOL

Naw, thanks for the info.

I'm sorry!!! All that transpired during seasons 5 and 6 of the original Dallas. IMO, Christopher couldn't be MORE like Bobby if he really did have Ewing DNA!

I know, I was a kid then:biggrin:...My Mom never watched the original Dallas, so I had to catch repeats on TNT. I just asked her why she didn't watch it, and she said she was never into it. She liked Knots Landing better.

Everyone is talking about this show? Any ideas what the #s are?

Read this today

Dallas welcomed a whopping 6.9 million viewers back to Southfork Ranch on Wednesday, making it to the top scripted series premiere on cable this year.

The huge number, unsurprisingly, made TNT the No. 1 basic cable network of the night. In the demos, the reboot drew 1.9 million in adults 18-to-49 and 2.48 million in adults 25-to-54.

Dallas also marks the third straight hit summer premiere for TNT, following Rizzoli & Isles in 2010 and Falling Skies last year.

I know, I was a kid then:biggrin:...My Mom never watched the original Dallas, so I had to catch repeats on TNT. I just asked her why she didn't watch it, and she said she was never into it. She liked Knots Landing better.

I was the opposite. I never could get into Knots Landing. I loved Dynasty, but didn't like The Colbys at all. CMT is also running some original episodes of Dallas.

I watched it last night and loved it. JR is seriously just as intimidating as ever and loved how he played up the walker thing to throw people off. He seemed to genuinely be moved by seeing Sue Ellen though. Larry Hagman and Patrick Duffy went right back into character seemlessly after soo long

Love John Ross, don't remember him from DH though. Think he is totally hot. And Jesse Metcalfe if perfect as Bobby's son. Not sure I like Elena though

Some critiques:

- I would have liked to have heard more about how Sue Ellen got to be successful, unless this was addressed in the original before it ended, I had stopped watching
- Very fast paced, almost too fast paced. Thought they could have slowed down to do a little more character development
- Theme song...loved hearing it again. But if I recall the original was more "booming" this sounded more subdued. And I believe they showed the characters and actors names against the backdrop in the original which I liked
- Was it me or were there too many commercials? I don't think I have ever seen that many commercials in a show. I know this ultimately keeps a show on air but I could deal with a little less next week
-Could have done without the sex sounds, just did not seem right to put them there, this is not HBO after all

I could never get into Knots Landing either. I think I did not like the two primary female characters...Valene and the other one. I did like both Dynasty and the Colby's though. I miss these types of shows....so glad to see shows like Dallas come back along with other compelling dramas like Revenge. So sick of reality and singing TV