Television and Cinema

TNT to remake DALLAS

Posted By Ladybug09 Posted Feb 9, 2011

1. A cable network TNT just announced it is gearing up to breathe new life into the iconic '80s TV series "Dallas." Yes, the show has already enjoyed not one but two revivals (plus a 2008 reunion) since it went off the air in 1991. And that's on top of a whopping 13 seasons and a spin off series
    but

No word yet on an air date, but the coming remake will introduce new characters -- played by Josh Henderson and a Jordana Brewster-- alongside veterans J.R., Sue Ellen and Bobby.

The series was a career highlight for most of its cast, including the show's former patriarch Jim Davis and award-winning matriarch Barbara Bel Geddes. Guess which megastar had a small role.

2. http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/02/tnt-signs-larry-hagman-play-jr-ewing-dallas-remake

3. Which do you agree and disagree with?

4. As long as they do not turn this into a teeny bop version of Dallas I support it....I realize this will be the kids and grandkids as the stars but I hope they are in their 20's and 30's at least with some substance to them

5. I don't know. Dallas was huge in the 80s because it was the first and arguably the best of the primetime soaps. The show was right for its time. Not sure the concept will go over as well today. Seems like yet another example of lazy Hollywood writers digging through the past for ideas rather than creating something new.

6. I am soooooo excited for this!! LOL I can be such a dork! It brings back the good old days!

7. I will SOOOOOO be watching this!!! :yahoo:

8. I have very mixed feelings about this. It was so "glam" in the 80's, I don't see how they can invoke the same feelings in the year 2011. I'll be watching, of course, that show was awesome!

9. I'll give it a shot. I was too young to watch the original, but have discovered it recently. I love it. It's so over the top. I would be perfectly ok with me if TNT decided to just re-air the original episodes.
    That being said, TNT does a great job with it's original programming. So I am excited to see how this turns out.

10. Aklein, then you need to see if they still air it on Soapopera Network. I love watching reruns of that show. Knots Landing was the spin off of DALLAS.

11. I agree so much. TNT has some good original programming but I'm a little skeptical about this reboot.

12. They dont air it on soapnet. There need to be a station that airs the old shows! I could totally make a line up!!!

13. They used to air it. That and Knots Landing. They must have removed the programming.
    Also, TNT used to air it.

14. Don't forget everyone Soapnet is going off the air to make room for a Disney preschool channel next Jan. Unless this has changed - I hope so! SN used to air old episodes of Dallas and Dynasty....maybe if they continued doing that instead of stuff like One Tree Hill they would have gotten higher ratings

15. ^^agreed. cause I used to watch them. I was too young for Dallas, but my Mom used to watch KL.