••Ah! I did the unthinkable! I dunked a LEGACY vachetta bag! {results}••

Thanks!
I didn't do anything with/to the hardware. Just good ole Dawn liquid in the sink with warm water and a small towel as a rag, and that was for the leather and lining. Took the stains right off, and now that it's dry and conditioned, it smells just like Legacy leather as before!

Awesome...next week I will try it! Thanks!

I don't have pix of mine available, but it was a shoulder bag in pond blue-it came through fine. It was an eBay purchase that was a little (disclosed) dirty. The lining and everything came through fine-and I put it in the washing machine! I usually dunk in the sink but I wanted to make sure it was clean, and I didn't want to have to do a second cleaning. I wrapped it in securely in a pillowcase and washed it with a bunch of towels and old sofa throw pillows. It took FOREVER to dry, even compared to an old NYC heavy duty leather bag I sink dunked the same day.

I took the strap off when I washed it because I wanted to compare for color loss and there is no difference at all. I conditioned the leather after her bath and no blue came off on the towel. The lining is fine. I did try to pull it out of the bag while it dried but I couldn't do that with the pockets and there is no blue on the stripes or vice a versa.

I hesitated before doing it and finally decided I would be ok if the bag came out looking slightly more distressed, but I would never be comfortable with dirty. I think it looks great. I did take some pix to document the process that I mean to post in the rehab thread eventually.

I don't have pix of mine available, but it was a shoulder bag in pond blue-it came through fine. It was an eBay purchase that was a little (disclosed) dirty. The lining and everything came through fine-and I put it in the washing machine! I usually dunk in the sink but I wanted to make sure it was clean, and I didn't want to have to do a second cleaning. I wrapped it in securely in a pillowcase and washed it with a bunch of towels and old sofa throw pillows. It took FOREVER to dry, even compared to an old NYC heavy duty leather bag I sink dunked the same day.

I took the strap off when I washed it because I wanted to compare for color loss and there is no difference at all. I conditioned the leather after her bath and no blue came off on the towel. The lining is fine. I did try to pull it out of the bag while it dried but I couldn't do that with the pockets and there is no blue on the stripes or vice a versa.

I hesitated before doing it and finally decided I would be ok if the bag came out looking slightly more distressed, but I would never be comfortable with dirty. I think it looks great. I did take some pix to document the process that I mean to post in the rehab thread eventually.

Wow! The washing machine! I can't wait to see pics!

I have a legacy wallet in pond; I love that color. I think I'm going to attempt my Mandy courier (white) next....

it looks great now! were there any water stains prior to your dunking? i see a lot of legacy leather for sale with water marks, but if giving it a dunk evens it all out then hey! i'm glad you got this one back!

OK....I am so happy to see how well this turned out!. I'm still afraid to dunk a darker Vachetta because of color dye leaching into the legacy striped interior . Thanks for posting.

OMG, I can't believe how mom treated it knowing how much you baby your bags. She looks gorgeous now! And I kind of hate you because that's one of the bags I regret passing on back when Legacy was out!

wow I'd love to see pictures of this!!:graucho: