Which bag would YOU run 13.1 miles for?

twosirius

5 lbs off, 25 to go!
Mar 19, 2007
I'm a fairly new runner training for my first half marathon right now, and I'm thinking the perfect way to reward myself for distance races (marathons and halfs) would be with a new Coach bag!

My race is on April 29th, and I thought about my options during my run this evening. Decisions, decisions...

So which one would you run 13.1 miles for? :wlae:

Great idea! I ran my first HM last November and it was great! A few weeks before the race I bought myself the Legacy Leather Satchel and I consider it my 3rd baby :P
I wasn't going to use it till I ran my race but I totally caved. I still finished the race in 2:06 and hope to do another one this year! Good luck!

Good luck with your half marathon! I did one of those years ago...still love to brag about it. I would love to do another, but they are kind of hard to find. Anyway, I would run one just for a trip to pick something up at the outlet! I don't look at current styles too much. I would rather wait it out and save money.

OMG, if I could get a bag for every 13.1 miles I ran, I'd be a size 2 and might actually be able to stick to a workout plan!!
Ok, in all seriousness, I vote legacy shoulder or ergo tote:yes:

My sister runs these all the time and I seriously do not know how she does it! I loathe running so I have to find other ways to get my exercise in-but that's just me. For 13.1 miles I'd go for the gold (well, my gold ;) ) so either a large Soho flap or the Chambray Carly.

Heck for 13.1 miles, I deserve both!

Wow! Congrats on just being able to do that! I can't run to save my life, so I'm always impressed by those who can.

I also second the notions for the legacy leather satchel. Or a Mandy courier! Good luck and way to go!

Wheee...other runners!!

Karenmae, there are a lot of programs out there that will get you from being completely inactive to being able to run for about 20-30 minutes at a stretch in about 9 weeks. Are you doing one of those? Just do a search for "Couch to 5k" and you should come up with several. There's even one that has podcasts to tell you when to run, when to take a walk break, etc. - that's the one I did, and it worked out great! I don't know if I'm allowed to post the links here, though.

Best advice I got, though? Go VERY, VERY SLOWLY. Go even slower than you think you should. I'm embarassed at how slow I am, but hey...I'm getting it done...eventually! :sweatdrop:

Just to keep things on topic: I'm thinking I'll want something in white for spring - now I just need to figure out which bag!