The elusive Jet Set Zip Top Tote (LV Totally inspired)

crissy11

O.G.
Jun 23, 2009
I've been on the hunt for this bag for months. MK stores, eBay, dept stores, everywhere. I saw it maybe a year ago and then it disappeared to be replaced by the open top with middle compartment which didn't do it for me. I called the brand new Factory Store in the Carousel Mall in Syracuse and they described this bag to me and I still didn't believe it existed. I did the 3 hour drive from Ottawa yesterday and there it was. They had a special on for 20% off a $250 purchase so I picked up the matching wristlet as well as was out the door at $228.

In case anyone is wondering how this differs from the Macy's Exclusive, it's a bit bigger and has the lighter handles (the Macy's has luggage color handles). I actually like the lighter handles because it looks more like the Totally. It's also more functional than the Totally - the inside has 4 slip pockets and and huge zip pocket in the side. The Macy's Exclusive is $248, this one was $198.

I love that the monogram on this is so muted and not at all in-your-face.

mktote1.jpg

I love the muted monogram as well. I was very anti-monogram anything until I got different tote with the same print. MK also is excellent because of all the pockets he put in the bags :smile: One for a phone, one for my camera, one for my lipgloss, etc LOL.

Congrats on finding your elusive bag!

I love it! It looks taller than the one I have, the one with just the center zipper pocket. Are these just available at the outlets?

Scooch said:
I love it! It looks taller than the one I have, the one with just the center zipper pocket. Are these just available at the outlets?

It probably isn't - my camera stretches things when I take a pic vertically instead of horizontally.