Le Metier de Beaute lovers thread!

Thank you - I'm generally more of a silver gal, but I have decided to try to get out of my comfort zone lately, as there are some gorgeous options out there that actually may work really well for me! I will definitely check these out on Saturday, as I think gold/bronzey tones may indeed work really well for me, especially now that the weather is getting better :smile:

I really appreciate the suggestions, it's really a bit overwhelming when you are in front of all those colors, and knowing what works well alone and together really helps!

If you're looking for golden/bronze you should look into NUTMEG. It's my absolute fave LMdB shadow. Plus it would really compliment your eye color

Oh wow, thank you so so much for taking the time, I totally appreciate it!!!!! And love both Bordeaux and Fig!!!! Maybe I can add 2 this time? LOL

They are really both gorgeous on their own, but also really like the depth of the 3 mixed together, just gorgeous - and totally up my alley, I have a weakness for all things purple where e/s is concerned, as it just works well for me :P

Really, a million thanks! I think I know what I'll be doing on Saturday ;)

She made excellent recommendations. I whole heartedly second the rec for Bordeaux and Fig. I think two may be in order as I'd have a hard time deciding if I were you. :graucho: Here are some more swatches of Fig and Bordeaux to tempt you.

http://www.perilouslypale.com/2012/04/le-metier-de-beaute-fig-true-colour.html

I'll definitely update once I'm using the BB creams regularly. The ones I tried that I liked were Dr. Jaart (spelling?) and Dior. I think Dior is the one I'm going to try after I run out.

As for eyeshadow recommendations--do you like gold tones? I really love Nutmeg and Goldstone. Both are a bright golden tone that really make eyes pop! It's really great against blue/green eyes. I also love jojo (everyone needs this) and Spicy.

Uh oh! Yup these ones are awesome too! It's true you need Jojo and Spicy. I don't have Goldstone and don't get as much use of Nutmeg with my cooler skin tone but they'd be perfect for you. I totally forgot about this pic. Shows you all the colours we've been talking about together! Or do you have a counter you go to? I may have missed that. If you do then you are one lucky gal!!!

http://www.perilouslypale.com/2012/05/my-le-metier-de-beaute-eyeshadows-in-z.html

LOL, thank you MrsLid!!!! I do have to say that I love the ZPalette you made with your LMdB e/s, it's gorgeous!!!!

I'm starting to be slightly worried about my trip to the counter, and the upcoming damage, lol. I have 8 shortlisted so far, now 9 as Spicy just made the list too and that I want to "check out" ;)... But yes, you are right: I'm lucky to have a counter and play before deciding, plus it's always easy (and dangerous) to go back :smile:

Uh oh! Yup these ones are awesome too! It's true you need Jojo and Spicy. I don't have Goldstone and don't get as much use of Nutmeg with my cooler skin tone but they'd be perfect for you. I totally forgot about this pic. Shows you all the colours we've been talking about together! Or do you have a counter you go to? I may have missed that. If you do then you are one lucky gal!!!

http://www.perilouslypale.com/2012/05/my-le-metier-de-beaute-eyeshadows-in-z.html

Hiiiiiii! I didn't know you posted here! :heart:

LOL, thank you MrsLid!!!! I do have to say that I love the ZPalette you made with your LMdB e/s, it's gorgeous!!!!

I'm starting to be slightly worried about my trip to the counter, and the upcoming damage, lol. I have 8 shortlisted so far, now 9 as Spicy just made the list too and that I want to "check out" ;)... But yes, you are right: I'm lucky to have a counter and play before deciding, plus it's always easy (and dangerous) to go back :smile:

I'm not sure what's on your list, but Goldstone and Nutmeg are very similar (I prefer Nutmeg over Goldstone and use it more). Spicy and JoJo are both must haves too imo. I like Fig but don't use it as much (i'm more of a browns girl)...same with Bordeaux. Basically if I was recommending must haves it would be Nutmeg, Spicy and Jojo.

OK, on my list so far I have:

Alexandrite (it seems a bit too close to Corinthian at this point to be a priority, but still want to have a "look")...
Water Sapphire
Plum (but maybe reconsidering this one, as it seems too have more blue than I originally thought - thank you MrsLid, saw it swatched and used on your blog!!!!)
Fig
Bordeaux
Thunder (I have a thing for greys and blacks, my inner goth I guess, lol! But it also may look really good with Corinthian, I'm thinking, depending on how opaque/sheer it is)
Nutmeg
Jojo
Spicy

And that's "it" for now. I think that Nutmeg or Spicy would be more interesting for me right now than Goldstone, but you never know what will happen once I'm in front of that counter :lol:

May I suggest Bordeaux...it's beautiful and would look good with Corinthian. And I agree about Refresh, I have it and love it to death.

View attachment 1723336
Top is Corinthian, middle is Bordeaux and i added Fig to the mix.

View attachment 1723340
Swatched Corinthian, Bordeaux and Fig and the last one is the layer of all 3.

Now you got me wanting Bordeaux :graucho: Fig has been on list. btw my On the Coast expected shipping date has been pushed back to May 30 :sad:

Oh wow, thank you so so much for taking the time, I totally appreciate it!!!!! And love both Bordeaux and Fig!!!! Maybe I can add 2 this time? LOL

They are really both gorgeous on their own, but also really like the depth of the 3 mixed together, just gorgeous - and totally up my alley, I have a weakness for all things purple where e/s is concerned, as it just works well for me :P

Really, a million thanks! I think I know what I'll be doing on Saturday ;)

When I purchased Corinthian I asked the SA what other eyeshadows would complement it, she wrote them down on a postcard; Fig, Jojo, Sugar, Canvas, and Rose Champagne. She also wrote down a few other that would suit my eye/skin coloring, I have brown eyes though....I think I read somewhere in this that yours are green. Sorry if I was of no help....hope it went great at the counter...let us know what you got.

Now you got me wanting Bordeaux :graucho: Fig has been on list. btw my On the Coast expected shipping date has been pushed back to May 30 :sad:

When I purchased Corinthian I asked the SA what other eyeshadows would complement it, she wrote them down on a postcard; Fig, Jojo, Sugar, Canvas, and Rose Champagne. She also wrote down a few other that would suit my eye/skin coloring, I have brown eyes though....I think I read somewhere in this that yours are green. Sorry if I was of no help....hope it went great at the counter...let us know what you got.

On the contrary, this is really helpful, thank you so much - and totally timely, as I will be going to the counter tomorrow :smile:

Interestingly, my MUA actually paired it with Bordeaux, and it was gorgeous too! But I'm not surprised as it's the same (broad) family as Fig, no?

I'm so sorry about your Kaleidoscope, that must be so frustrating :sad:! But at least you know you will be getting it eventually :smile: (not sure that helps much though right now :sad: )

On the contrary, this is really helpful, thank you so much - and totally timely, as I will be going to the counter tomorrow :smile:

Interestingly, my MUA actually paired it with Bordeaux, and it was gorgeous too! But I'm not surprised as it's the same (broad) family as Fig, no?

I'm so sorry about your Kaleidoscope, that must be so frustrating :sad:! But at least you know you will be getting it eventually :smile: (not sure that helps much though right now :sad: )

I agree. I LOVE Corinthian with Bordeaux. I've yet to try it with Fig because Fig is my most recent single acquisition but I see it being fabulous as well. I see Jojo and Rose Champagne etc as being more subtle pairings.

OK, on my list so far I have:

Alexandrite (it seems a bit too close to Corinthian at this point to be a priority, but still want to have a "look")...
Water Sapphire
Plum (but maybe reconsidering this one, as it seems too have more blue than I originally thought - thank you MrsLid, saw it swatched and used on your blog!!!!)
Fig
Bordeaux
Thunder (I have a thing for greys and blacks, my inner goth I guess, lol! But it also may look really good with Corinthian, I'm thinking, depending on how opaque/sheer it is)
Nutmeg
Jojo
Spicy

And that's "it" for now. I think that Nutmeg or Spicy would be more interesting for me right now than Goldstone, but you never know what will happen once I'm in front of that counter :lol:

Your welcome! I don't have Thunder yet or Water Sapphire. From what I remember I've always held off on WS because the swatches I've seen look like it is very sheer and almost patchy. I would love to hear your thoughts on it after you check it out at the counter again.