Vintage Bags anyone?

Here's another one of my Deitsch Brothers vintage baby alligator leather lined handbags:

picture.php
picture.php

Huge vintage bag collector and seller here:smile: Seller because at one stage I had over 1,000 bags and the spare room was full. Mainly collect tooled leather, 40's/50's crocodile, Oroton, Glomesh and I have the largest collection of vintage Faigen handbags in Australia. I've sold most of them off on ebay over the past ten years (under junkshopjewels), but still have a couple hundred - many of which I simply can't bear to part with.

Haven't worked out how to do photos yet and it would take forever to show them all, but I love vintage bags! The workmanship, the uniqueness, the wonder - sometimes they come with receipts and bits and pieces which gives you a glimpse into the world of the previous owner - just fabulous:smile:

I can't help myself, it's an obsession:smile: And then there's my coat collection :smile: LOL

Huge vintage bag collector and seller here:smile: Seller because at one stage I had over 1,000 bags and the spare room was full. Mainly collect tooled leather, 40's/50's crocodile, Oroton, Glomesh and I have the largest collection of vintage Faigen handbags in Australia. I've sold most of them off on ebay over the past ten years (under junkshopjewels), but still have a couple hundred - many of which I simply can't bear to part with.

Haven't worked out how to do photos yet and it would take forever to show them all, but I love vintage bags! The workmanship, the uniqueness, the wonder - sometimes they come with receipts and bits and pieces which gives you a glimpse into the world of the previous owner - just fabulous:smile:

I can't help myself, it's an obsession:smile: And then there's my coat collection :smile: LOL
I thought I was bad with my collection. Could you share a few of your favorites? I upload photos from photobucket, maybe you can try to post pics from there.

I thought I was bad with my collection. Could you share a few of your favorites? I upload photos from photobucket, maybe you can try to post pics from there.

Hmmmm - as soon as the batteries for the little camera recharge I will photograph a few of my absolute faves - like the Egyptian gilt and painted leather purse... or the Mexican Flores tooled leather treasure... or there are the incredible silver and gold metal thread embroidered ones... or the beautiful crocodile bags (full head hides).... or maybe my gorgeous vintage Balenciaga...

tee hee :smile:

Hi,

I love vintage bags and new bags as well. I collect tapestry, straw bags and one of kind vintage bags. Here are two vintage bags which got me started to collect vintage bags:

Attachments

• bag 1.JPG
    bag 1.JPG
    274.3 KB · Views: 843
  • bag 1 a.JPG
    bag 1 a.JPG
    266.2 KB · Views: 788
  • bag 1 b.JPG
    bag 1 b.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 801
  • bag 2.JPG
    bag 2.JPG
    267.8 KB · Views: 824
Reactions: Susmita Gupta
Does anyone know how to take care of a snakeskin handbag? I read on ebay about babyoil, so I used some, but I feel like I can do more. I just purchased it yesterday. Also, the zippers say Areitio. Has anyone heard of that brand?
Before....
IMG_20120406_180939-1.jpg

After....
IMG_20120407_082752-1.jpg

IMG_20120407_082859-1.jpg