Review L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base Primer

PurseCrazyGal

Miss_Marlena
O.G.
Jan 9, 2008
I Simply LOVE IT!!
Being I'm older than most around here,I'm getting bumps & pores showing more than I like. I've tried many,many primers. All helped the make up, but not my skin. This L'Oreal Primer is magic!! It makes my skin soooo smooth. I want a lifetime supply!! :smile:

i have this primer, i agree--it is AMAZING. i have used expensive primers, nothing compares to this one. i LOVE IT.

ETA: i also have oily skin--this helps me look matte.

I agree - it is a great drugstore primer. I will say that I hate the packaging (wish it came in a tube) and that you got more for your money, but I would repurchase if I ran out.

knics33 said:
I agree - it is a great drugstore primer. I will say that I hate the packaging (wish it came in a tube) and that you got more for your money, but I would repurchase if I ran out.

Yea good points. It seems to run out pretty fast. Uggh! But it is pretty GOOD stuff!

ok this may sound ridiculous but can you use this primer without makeup? will it even make any difference in the appearance or feel of your skin?

i never wear makeup, but gosh this product sounds amazing lol.

ok this may sound ridiculous but can you use this primer without makeup? will it even make any difference in the appearance or feel of your skin?

i never wear makeup, but gosh this product sounds amazing lol.

PurseCrazyGal said:
I Simply LOVE IT!!
Being I'm older than most around here,I'm getting bumps & pores showing more than I like. I've tried many,many primers. All helped the make up, but not my skin. This L'Oreal Primer is magic!! It makes my skin soooo smooth. I want a lifetime supply!! :smile:

Ms'M are you still using this?

posted from my iPhone!!!

This and Revlon PhotoReady perfecting primer at my HGs. Like most of you, I have tried a million primers, and this is hands-down the BEST of them. It gives a totally matte, smooth finish. I prefer it over Smashbox Photo Finish any day!

^I am not thrilled with Smashbox PhotoFinish myself. I use the light formulation, and it really doesn't do much at all to help my skin stay matte. I'm forcing myself to use all of the jumbo tube I bought (it's getting close to empty, finally!), then I'm trying something else. I received a sample of the L'oreal primer in one of my magazines, and it seemed to work pretty well on my oily skin. The only thing that bothered me was that it felt a bit thick, which made it kind of hard to rub into my skin without feeling like I was being too rough with my skin. Is the formulation that thick in the regular-sized containers?