Tell me all about your Rive Gauche

pseub

Bonne vivante
O.G.
Oct 24, 2005
I love the classic styling of this bag. :love:

I'm wondering...

Is it a functional bag? Comfortable to wear on the shoulder? How is the leather? Had any problems with quality? What kind of interior organization is there?

I just ordered one off Bluefly! (hopefully it's authentic). I like that it doesn't seem to be a huge bag, and also that it has the zip top and shoulder strap. I'm just hoping it's not too heavy.

pseub: Fyi, I think that the Rive Gauche tote actually comes in two sizes (in addition to the small Rive Gauche satchel). I've seen them at my local YSL boutique. These were the dimensions posted by another member, writetoshirley...

"It comes in 2 sizes -
Medium: $1395, size of a laptop (but won't actually fit a laptop), probably ~9X12X3
Large: $1495, definitely fit a Dell laptop and papers, ~12X15X4"

I think the one I ordered is the smaller one, although because I apparently got the last one, I can't access it now. It was priced the same as the other one they show, which matches the dimensions of the larger one. I actually do hope it's the smaller one, which would be a better size for me.

Has anyone purchased YSL bags from Bluefly recently? No issues with authenticity?

pseub,I ordered two ysl bags recently from bluefly.They are authentic. I received the smaller RG thinking it was the large(because of the original price).I like it, but I am not going to pay more for a bag from bluefly than I would from BG or NM. I contacted bluefly and informed them of the misleading description.Corporate is supposed to get back to me.I will let you know how they handle this issue.

Well, I still got a pretty good deal then. With the additional 15% discount, I paid $1220. I'm hoping I don't get another "out of stock" e-mail in three days....