Tell me all about your Rive Gauche

If you go to the Deals & Steals section, there's a thread about Bluefly discount codes. The one I used is now expired, but I believe there's another current one.

With Bluefly, I'm learning, you really have to jump quickly or some items go fast. I think that they tend to only have one or two of each item they list.

It seems real to me but I'm not a YSL expert. Other PF members have bought from them and said their bags are authentic. I'm going to return mine though, too big. :sad:

got mine - it's definitely real - I just saw the exact same bag in the store. Great size for me (the large), and I love the shoulder strap. Yes, to answer someone, it can be worn messenger style... unless you're very long.

pseub: Fyi, I think that the Rive Gauche tote actually comes in two sizes (in addition to the small Rive Gauche satchel). I've seen them at my local YSL boutique. These were the dimensions posted by another member, writetoshirley...

"It comes in 2 sizes -
Medium: $1395, size of a laptop (but won't actually fit a laptop), probably ~9X12X3
Large: $1495, definitely fit a Dell laptop and papers, ~12X15X4"

Did they have a massive price increase? Cause the SAKS website says the large is 1800!

pseub... I bought an ivory one on bluefly & it's a beautiful bag... light weight, especially for the size.. absolutely authentic. The larger one that I bought has a strap about 4 inches longer than the medium size & it's Very long... longer than I really like. The medium I think can be worn messenger style too. I got a great deal too with 15% off... on the Downtown too!
:graucho:

I like how the rive gauche with the straps, look like a messenger. Its available in brown and olive green for the discounted. However I do find the leather really smooth and bland... like there is a whole canvas of leather.

The alternatives are the reversible ysl totes, with also 30% discount! And the reversible totes are much cheaper (impt pt! lol). And I like the slouchy look. But its a bit passe.

So hard to decide!