Warning...Chanel pearls

susu1

O.G.
Mar 13, 2006
I just purchased one of the classic pearl strands. I sprayed perfume on my neck and then put the pearls on. I guess my neck was still damp and some of the "pearl" coating started to peel off!It felt sticky. I was totally surprised as I have other faux pearls and this has never happened before. I am going to exchange them today and get another pair because I really like them. I just wanted everyone to be careful with them.

Thank you for the warning! I have 3 sets of Chanel pearls, so I will have to be very careful. Let us know what they say when you return them. :yes:

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of buying Chanel pearls and I have a question about the durability. Over time, do the knots darken? If so, can you have the pearls restrung at Chanel? Thanks.

Over time, do the knots darken?
That's a good question. Funny you should ask about the knots... I was bored while waiting for someone today (with nothing to read) and found myself inspecting the Chanel classic strand that I happened to be wearing. They are strung like real pearls and knotted in-between, so I suppose if real pearls don't darken, why would these? Mine have not, so far.

Will Chanel exchange them for something you did to damage them? Is that even the right thing to expect--I mean you caused the damage. Is it fair to expect a retailer to exchange for damage a customer does????

Will Chanel exchange them for something you did to damage them? Is that even the right thing to expect--I mean you caused the damage. Is it fair to expect a retailer to exchange for damage a customer does????

The point is, they shouldn't be peeling, especially at Chanel's price point for costume jewelry.