Help - abbreviations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilled

Aug 14, 2006
Normally I have no trouble in reading english, but I have some problems understanding all the abbreviations used in this forum.
Currently I'm wondering about DH? I figure that it is xxx husband, but I'm not sure, just like BF means Boyfriend.
Can anyone help me, please.
Also - I you have any other abbreviations I should know about, please let me know.

Thank you :roflmfao:

^ yep, that link is very helpful.

DH usually means "dear husband," but i've also heard it jokingly referred to as "damn husband" or "dumb husband" :roflmfao:... i don't think anybody really means it that way, though.

BF can also stand for "best friend."

Sweetie...I only speak English and I have not heard a lot of these abbreviations! So, i love that you made this thread and thanks rileygirl for the abbreviation thread. I decided it must be a generation thing...??? Somehow I missed the abreviation generation..lol:smile:

Sweetie...I only speak English and I have not heard a lot of these abbreviations! So, i love that you made this thread and thanks rileygirl for the abbreviation thread. I decided it must be a generation thing...??? Somehow I missed the abreviation generation..lol:smile:

the abbreviation generation came around the time of internet chatting. where "ASL" first was introduced.. and then came along the likes of LOL, ROFL, or WTH. now, there's a whole slew of abbreviations.. i'm sure there are enough to make a small book out of.

Ugh...I hate hate hate the term DH, DD, DS.. et al!

Ok, done venting. ;)
Charles...I kind of do too...although I catch myself doing it from time to time! Each time I do...I think omg (I did that on purpose, btw...same with that...muwahhh) I'm becoming illiterate and lazy...most lazy!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.