Michelle Rodriguez: This**@@## Ankle Bracelet

Jan 23, 2006
Michelle Rodriguez Complains About Ankle Bracelet

WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 21, 2007 07:50 AM EST
By Courtney Rubin

michelle_rodriguez2.jpg

Michelle Rodriguez has already been jailed in Los Angeles and Oahu for drunk driving and violating her probation. But she says she asked for more time rather than the alcohol-detecting ankle bracelet she's been fitted with.

"I tried to get them to put me in jail, but they had their mind set on this bracelet," the former Lost actress, 28, writes in a stream-of-conscious post on her Web site.

Rodriguez – who last year told PEOPLE, "I can see beauty in a jail cell" – debuted the bracelet at the Feb. 6 Marc Jacobs show in New York City, painting on it in Wite-Out: "Vigil Net Government Dog Tag."

In her Web post, Rodriguez complains the bracelet "is like a freaking VCR, and why do they care if I drink, what am I gonna do, drink and walk over someone, I have no license."

On the second day she wore it, she got a call saying she had an alcohol reading.

"I was like, I haven't had any liquor," she writes. "He's like, well you can't use Listerine, no shampoo, or soap, or lotion, or perfume, with alcohol in it."

She got another alcohol reading, she says, when she started a liquid fast similar to one Beyoncé followed to lose weight for Dreamgirls.

"All I had in my system was lemon, maple syrup, cayenne pepper, and water," she writes. "After about three readings from this thing I started to feel a bit like a pawn, I didn't like the idea that I could do possible jail time for using the wrong shampoo, fasting out toxins, or having vanilla in my tea."

She adds: "I think that level of vigilance is great for alcoholics, druggies and heroin attics [sic]. Yet I felt for someone like me, who loves her life too much too [sic] f--k it up for a sip of a beverage, this level of control just isn't necessary."

Steven Greenberg, a noted Chicago defense attorney, tells PEOPLE that Rodriguez's issues with her bracelet aren't unheard of: "Sometimes your body can generate alcohol from eating chocolate cake or even a raisin. If she's going out for night and sprays herself with perfume, that can do it."

Rodriguez was sentenced in May 2006 to 60 days in jail for violating probation due to her December 2005 DUI arrest in Hawaii. She served 65 hours in jail for the DUI arrest, and then another four hours and 20 minutes for the probation violation.

I think she's such a disgusting person. She did something wrong. Repeatedly. She did something that could have killed a person. She did it repeatedly. She shows no remorse for her DUIs, and yet it's somehow wrong that the "government" wants her to pay for her crimes?

Yeah, poor thing. I feel so sorry for you. They should put her in a real jail with real criminals. Let her see how "beautiful" that is.:cursing:

I think she's such a disgusting person. She did something wrong. Repeatedly. She did something that could have killed a person. She did it repeatedly. She shows no remorse for her DUIs, and yet it's somehow wrong that the "government" wants her to pay for her crimes?

Yeah, poor thing. I feel so sorry for you. They should put her in a real jail with real criminals. Let her see how "beautiful" that is.:cursing:

I must say that I agree. Drunk driving is a serious offense. And who in their right mind would say that they prefer a jail cell to a alcohol detection bracelet? :yucky: I am really not liking her right about now. She comes across as having a serious lack of class.

I must say that I agree. Drunk driving is a serious offense. And who in their right mind would say that they prefer a jail cell to a alcohol detection bracelet? :yucky: I am really not liking her right about now. She comes across as having a serious lack of class.

Lack of class and common sense... that's what got her into trouble in the first place.

She thinks she's a hard ass ....Rikers Island love *****es like this.

Amen to that! I really don't liek her! I really wished she would have gone to jail, to actually see what that is about!

"I tried to get them to put me in jail, but they had their mind set on this bracelet,"

"I can see beauty in a jail cell" –

Seriously though .... what woman in her right mind would say something like this ? They should of put her butt in jail.

Hey ! that guy you see checking you out ? his name is janet.:s