I'm sorry Goyard, I'm not impressed :-(

OMG you got me scared i think i'll use mine lesser
btw, i had an experience with them for my sac vondome and for there response to me in the boutique i thought they live in there own little world where they are perfect and all the plame is on you >> thats what i got from the email sent to you
maybe we should figure out a way to protect our St louis or repair it!
but if you happen to go to paris you can take it to them << my aunt is going to take her siagon cause the handels are somewat crocked lets see there response!!

I too had that problem on my Fidji and guess what? I found a local shoe/bag repair guy in Singapore who did it for a song! OK, if i didn't remember wrongly, it cost me nothing more than S$50 to repair it. To be fair, i used the bag for a couple of years and I was definitely willing to take the chance with it... and i'm happy! I have got another few years with this Fidji. But my friend had less luck with hers. I got her the St Louis from Paris and after about 10 months' use, not only did the sealant on her handles wear off, the leather started tearing! So when i was last at Barneys in NY, i checked with the SA and she told me there is nothing they can do about it. Which really surprises me, because i would have expected the same level of service most designer brands offered, which is replace the handles at a cost. How difficult is that?! So my poor friend now has buried her bag six feet under... she wasnt prepared to go through the pains of communicating with HQ.

i just looked at mine and saw that it is starting to crack, too, but i blame myself because I carry entirely too much stuff in it. agree that goyard should be taking care of its customers, though!

I bought my St. Louis from Barneys NY last year. Long story short, about a month ago my husband, not thinking, let one of our dogs get on the bed in our guest bedroom where my bag lay in the dust cover as it had recently been used. Of course loving only the finer things in life and anything leather, the dog chewed right through the top of one of the handles (as you can imagine this was very disturbing at the time but I have pretty much recovered since then; luckily, I love my dogs). Anyway, the bag was relatively new and had not been used very much so I thought I could get away with just having the one handle replaced. I contacted Barneys and shipped them the bag. They said it would have to be sent to Paris for repairs and they have to replace both handles, can't do just one. They quoted me USD $110 for the repairs which I thought was very reasonable considering this wasn't a Goyard defect. The down side is that they said it would likely take up to 6 months for the repairs. Just wanted to share my experience with Goyard repairs via Barneys...I am just happy I don't have to replace the bag!

The problems don't surprise me. I met a woman with a relatively new Goyard bag that her husband had bought for her as a gift. She was having problems with the handles and something with the coloring.

I've been into Goyard, Paris many times, over the decades out of curiosity and personally haven't been that impressed. I had once briefly thought of the carry-on suitcase on wheels, but the pull-up handle was so short that I would have to nearly bend over to pull it. I'm a bit shorter than 5'6" tall.

Then about a year later, I went into Goyard, Paris and asked if the suitcase had been redesigned. A salesperson at Barneys had commented that a lot of customers had complained about the same thing.

At the Paris Goyard, I was told that it had been redesigned, but I didn't see any difference. The pull-up handle was still too short. I then jokingly commented that Goyard's wheeled, carry-on suitcase designers need to get some tips from Kipling on how to design a perfect, wheeled, suitcase. I have a lot of Kipling suitcases.

I'll stick with both my Kiplings and my Louis Vuitton, Bisten, hard-sided, non-wheeled suitcases. LOL!

I just noticed the same problem with my white st louis few days ago..I've had it for about 2,3 months. I was considering going to barneys to see if anything they can do about it. But I guess they really won't do anything. I really love the bag but I'm now getting worried..just hope it won't get too much worse. if it could be like this for next 2 years, I won't mind to replace the handle for a cost. good luck on all the goyard owners..

this thread is so worrying. I checked my new yellow fidji and St. Lousi to make sure they are fine and now I fear that the straps may start to crack.. Which will be a shame because I always thought they can hold up pretty well.

to use our Goyards or not? So worrying!

Does anyone know, if we were to bring the Goyards to Paris / London shops, how long do they take to change the strap?

Today I was waiting in line at starbucks behind a lady carrying a St Louis so I surreptitiously looked at the handles of her bag and saw that the sealant was badly cracked by the area where the handle meets the bag :hrmm:

I was thinking of buying this bag in the future as an alternative to LV but this quality issue is making me rethink.

What...I had no idea! I was also considering a St. Louis over a Neverfull type bag but this really worries me...thank you for posting and I hope you get things resolved favorably OP :heart:

I too just checked my St. Louis Gm and noticed some small cracking but nothing severe (although it is only a year old)...I will have to keep an eye out to see if it gets worse. It is a shame that the purses are definitely pricey only to have some issues with the sealant/quality.

r15324 So sorry to hear about your experience with Goyard, I have had a similar experience with my Croisiere I scuffed the piping and sent photos to GSF but they said that it was normal wear and tear. I put the bag away for a year and a half then bought the shoulder strap and decided what the hell it couldn't get any worse than it already was. I've purchased many more Goyard bags since then including a St Louis GM which I've beat to death cracked handles and all; but now I know which ones to avoid, which ones can take a beating and which ones to use with kid gloves. At the end of the day, these are just bags and I would choose the exclusivity of Goyard in a sea of LV. I know the heartbreak of the first ouchie still stings but you'll learn to love your St Louis more over time, you've been such a great cheerleader of the brand I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be sad to see you go.:sad:

In fact I'm pretty disappointed...

Here's an email I sent Paris 233:

Good evening,

I purchased a St. Louis GM in Black/Gold this past February at the Paris 233 store and have been using it on and off for the past couple of months. Today I've noticed that the sealant on one of the handles has been compromised (on both sides) and appears to be splitting. I would like to have my bag repaired, but I am based in Sydney Australia, and am unable to physically visit a Goyard boutique. Firstly, how should I proceed to get a repair? And since the bag is only months old, is it covered by any manufacture warranty?

I've attached a photo of the issue. Please note that the cracking has appeared on both edges of the handle.

Kind regards,

attachment.php

Note that it was booked on the 31st of January, picked up on the 2nd or 3rd, and only started being used about a week later....

Here's a reply that Goyard sent me:

Dear Sir,

We thank you for your message and for your trust in Goyard.

After a careful exam of the picture attached to your message, the cracks that appears at the base of our Saint Louis tote bag handles seems rather normal ; indeed, these handles, carrying the weight of the whole bag, are naturally stretching out due to the normal use of the bag. When this occurs, the beeswax natural coating of these handles, hand-applied, can stretch out as well and present some of the minor crackles viewable on your picture…
The handles can of course be changed, though these crackles do not have any impact on your bag durability – they are definitively more ; however, we recommend you to consider this change, proposed at the price of 150 €, after a longer use of your bag.

Hoping this answers to your concern, we remain with pleasure at your disposal for any question you may have.

Yours sincerely,

---

It's not just the splitting at the base of the handle around the stitch (that I can deal with), there's a whole fracking hole in the handles sealant! I can see inside the bleeping handle! I still love my St. Louis, but I'm severely disappointed by Goyard's after-sale services... I should've asked them about their warranty/repairs services before I paid for it.

WOW, that's bad customer service. Thanks for posting it. I was thinking about buying a Goyard belvedere to be my new tourism-bag (rain-proof, doesn't get dirty easily and is pretty light to carry around during the long walks of my trips).

At first I refrained from buying them because I was fearing they could be the next "Louis Vuitton Canvas", i.e, that soon the streets would be flooded with fakes and they would be tacky bags. They are still cool and are indeed pretty, but will they remain in this same status in a year? LV used to be a classic too before the big fake-canvas' tsunami.(I would love to hear your opinion about this).

Then I went to the St. Honoré boutique and they were so rude and indiferent. And I was reasonably well dressed for walking around in Paris ( Repetto flats, jeans, a burberry coat and a Chloe bag), because you cannot expect to be extremelly well treated in Paris when you wear sneakers.

Now your post just made me sure of my decision. Thanks! And I am really sorry about your bag.