Are you a lover or hater of Gerard Darel's infamous 24 heurs bag

I recently bought myself a 24h and I love it! Its a perfect size for what I need and its not too big that it looks awkward on my frame. It has no structure at all but I'm okay with that. I have my stuff inside organized with pouches and wristlets.

^Mine have been worn inside, outside, kicked under plane seats, shoved in bins, etc. I haven't been gentle and after 3 years of that kind of abuse, the only sign its not new is the indentation in the handle from the buckle.

I ADORE these bags. Must have.

the 24 is a great bag! it's out of my bag rotation right now but the leather is so good and the look is classic I know i'll start using it again this fall or winter. Definite keeper!!

I just purchased one for the great sale price of $149 dollars. I would not have paid more for it. It's a nice bag but I don't see why it commands hundreds over what I paid for it.

bumping this thread!

I just won a 24 on ebay for $186. I've been wanting a GD 24 bag since 2007 or 2008! so happy to finally have scored one! the leather on the one i won looks so smooshy (attaching photos from the auction!)

Attachments

• 466672863_tp.jpg
    466672863_tp.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 466672880_tp.jpg
    466672880_tp.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 466672986_tp.jpg
    466672986_tp.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 72
bumping this thread!

I just won a 24 on ebay for $186. I've been wanting a GD 24 bag since 2007 or 2008! so happy to finally have scored one! the leather on the one i won looks so smooshy (attaching photos from the auction!)

Congrats! Beautiful bag and great price. :woohoo:

I did exactly the same thing and now I'm kicking myself! :sad:

I saw your bag and the color was stunning. Totally understand your regret:shucks:

To rub salt in my wounds, a Gerard Darel boutique has opened in the French town where our summer house is! When I look in the window I have to keep telling myself, 'But I wouldn't want that colour'....or.....'The leather on that bag doesn't look great.'