Do you perfer....

itsgood2beme

and u too!!!
Oct 7, 2006
Question, hope this isn't a duplicate thread...but do you perfer going to the store and paying sales tax for a LV, getting the customer service and the ability to choose your item -plus, not having to wait for your LV to ship....or do you prefer saving some $$ for other things and order online from ELUXURY?

Bascially, I decided that seeing FREE shipping was able again on ELUX that I would order my Keepall 50 -but they didn't have a 50, only the 55 - so I went with the 55....I could of just as easily gone to one of my local LV stores...but I thought about it and i saved about $86.00 (no sales tax, FREE shipping and 3% rebate on ******) - ordering my keepall from Elux than going to the store! I definitely think it was worth it .

....what would you do?

I don't get a choice.. unfortunately. But if I do, and had the option of ****** open, I would defintely go the eLux route, I've just been the victim of SO many rude SAs for no good reason.. :sad:

Unfortunately, I'm in CA, so I still have to pay the sales tax on eluxury. That being said, I actually enjoy the SA interaction and seeing things before I buy them! :yes:

There is no sales tax in Oregon... so I definitely prefer going into the store, talking with the SA, and fondling all the bags. Plus, in most cases I get to walk out with what I want. Can't beat immediate gratification when it comes to LV!

Unfortunately, I'm in CA, so I still have to pay the sales tax on eluxury. That being said, I actually enjoy the SA interaction and seeing things before I buy them! :yes:

Agree!! I'm in CA as well, so e-lux is not really an option for me but I do like to look at e-lux everyday for prices, etc.

I really prefer buying from the LV store since I'm picky about my bags. I like to look at several of the same LV item before buying the "perfect" bag!! Actually, I'm like this with everything I buy (clothing, shoes, books, etc.)! I also enjoy talking to my SA.

There is no sales tax in Oregon... so I definitely prefer going into the store, talking with the SA, and fondling all the bags. Plus, in most cases I get to walk out with what I want. Can't beat immediate gratification when it comes to LV!
that must be nice! we only have no tax on clothing over here... but bags/accessories are still taxed, which is why i prefer ordering from elux.

honestly, i prefer saving the $$$...despite the wait in shipping time. i go to the boutiques to look at the bag i want to buy before i actually do buy it...just for size comparison, how it feels, etc. i would like being able to choose the exact bag i get, but i'd rather save the money! for my first ever Lv bag, though, i did go to the boutique...to have the in-store experience. it was fun, walking around the boardwalk with my LV shopping bag, so elated to get home!

If I purchased often, the money saved would make a difference and I would go the elux route, but I only get an item once or twice a year so I prefer going to the store. I enjoy browsing and chatting with the SAs, choosing my item, and then having them wrap it up in a box for me with a catalog thrown in. And I love walking out with a brown bag.

Like many of the others have said I am in CA too, so no savings for me...I am not sure what I would do if I lived else where....I do love going and 'playing' with me SAs.

You know, I like instant gratification! I love walking into the store, looking at all of the pretty purses, touching them and really having that experience. I live 4 hours from San Fran...I would rather take a weekend in the city and go go the boutique rather than ordering from elux. I dunno if anyone feels the same way...there is just something about the experience, especially when you are with friends that are just as crazy about LV as you are!

I remember that there was a tread about this.
Since I don't live in America I have no other choice than going to the boutique, but even if they shipped I like going to the store more!