Brainstorm on ways to get the largest % off chanel

alindamay

Oct 16, 2006
Hey everyone. Let's brainstorm.

I want to get the chanel black ceramic J12 watch in black 33mm from a department store. I just bought a cloudy and opened a card so I got 10% off plus she didn't tax me.

I also called saks online and they said that the online code that gives 10% off (valid until june or something, look at deals and steals) can be applied in store at the discretion of the department manager (but I couldn't do the 10 on 10, believe me I tried)

Also saks has gift card event coming up where if you spend a certain amount you get some $$ back.

Neimans, bergdorff. . .bleh

Anyhow, any ideas on how one might get maybe 20% off or I would be happy with 15%?

Let the brainstorming begin. . .

I know that Bloomies raises their percent on opening a card to 15% sometimes.

Saks also has a "friends & family" event a couple of times a year where you can get 20% off. If you can find out when that is all you have to do is convince a sales associate to apply the 20% off to your order.:yes:

Wow, I never knew that Saks F&F event's 20% discount applied to Chanel bags....? I had thought licensed boutiques like LV, Chanel, Dior, etc were all excluded. Or does it depend on the SA? I will definitely keep this in mind next time!

Wow, I never knew that Saks F&F event's 20% discount applied to Chanel bags....? I had thought licensed boutiques like LV, Chanel, Dior, etc were all excluded. Or does it depend on the SA? I will definitely keep this in mind next time!

I don't know about Chanel bags, but you can definitely use it for jewelry and the J12 IS jewelry.:yes:

I was in the Chanel boutique a few days ago and there was a woman there looking at bags and her husband kept saying "Why don't you buy this one?" etc....I was SOOOO *envious*...
my 12 year old son is the only one supportive of my shopping excursions...

THanks everyone for the input. Good ideas, i like. I have exhausted all options on the 100% off so it looks like it is just up to me and me. Oh well, I think 20% is a good start. Does saks carry the j12 watches?