Do women dress to impress men OR women dress for other women?

akdphiruby

Dec 31, 2006
What do you guys think about that concept? I honestly think that women dress for other women. Frankly, there is a subconscious competition. Yes, there are times in which women dress to impress men ... on dates, etc. But usually, I think women dress for each other.

Many years ago (I graduated in 1980) I majored in Textiles at the Univ. of MD. One of our classes was called "Clothing and Human Behavior". I so clearly remember that we learned that women dress for other women. I truly believe this is true, but in all honesty, I think I dress for myself. I have to look a certain way to feel good about myself. As for dressing to impress men....well, I don't think I've ever done that. None of the men I've ever known have a clue about fashion. :s

If I wanted to dress for men, I'd just wear tops that show off my cleavage, short skirts...lots of lycra... I think we'd all end up looking like Mariah Carey, no? We'd also all be spending alot less money on clothes as men do not know the difference between Manolos and Aldo shoes for example.

i definately dress to impress other women. most men dont even recognize or care if youre wearing a fake or real this or that. women are so hard to impress, too, and it takes alot to get a compliment from another female. so i feel if i get a compliment from a woman, i mustve definately gotten something right that day. ha.

Definitely for other women! My roommate and I were discussing this the other day and we both came to the conclusion that men wouldn't notice a thing unless we were to walk around naked.. :graucho::roflmfao:

I dress to impress other women when it comes to designer labels, i get satisfaction from *****y girls being jealous of my LV or Chloe bag, or staring at my Laboutins!

I also get a teeny tiny kick out of a guy checking me out if I have a hot outfit on!