fake botkier?

Sep 19, 2006
Hi ladies. I am trying to find my sister a Botkier Bianca satchel in Black like mine, but we are having trouble locating it in that color. I found this one on ebay, and it looks real, but it has protective sticky tape on the metal logo on one side. To me that has always been a trademark of fake bags (seen it especially on fake koobas), but I am not that familiar with Botkier so I don't know. Mine did not come with a protective sticker on the side, but it was a store display so I figured that was why. Has anyone ordered a Botkier from an authorized dealer that had protective tape on the logo? I would really appreciate any help with this girls! Thanks!

here is the link to the bag and the seller

eBay: NWT AUTH BOTKIER BIANCA LRG BLACK LEATHER SATCHEL $9NR (item 300068559663 end time Jan-15-07 20:05:28 PST)

The bag definitely looks legit. It has the purple string on the hang tag too.

I bet the store display bags have the protective plastic taken off the metal hardware, so that's why your's didn't have it.

thanks guys. i am weary of ebay too..but this bag is just so hard to find. the other sites mentioned are all backordered until late Jan...was hoping for something sooner since she is going on vacay in 2 weeks, and the Bianca is a great travel bag.

Nobody know whether or not Botkier puts that protective tape on there hardware?

I saw this bag on Ebay too. Looks great to me. For the life of me I can't recall if mine had a plastic protective strip or not but this guys feedback looks pretty good. You coul write him and ask questions.

Hi ladies. I am trying to find my sister a Botkier Bianca satchel in Black like mine, but we are having trouble locating it in that color. I found this one on ebay, and it looks real, but it has protective sticky tape on the metal logo on one side. To me that has always been a trademark of fake bags (seen it especially on fake koobas), but I am not that familiar with Botkier so I don't know. Mine did not come with a protective sticker on the side, but it was a store display so I figured that was why. Has anyone ordered a Botkier from an authorized dealer that had protective tape on the logo? I would really appreciate any help with this girls! Thanks!

eBay: NWT AUTH BOTKIER BIANCA LRG BLACK LEATHER SATCHEL $9NR (item 300068559663 end time Jan-15-07 20:05:28 PST)

Just be careful....this seller sold another Bianca a bit ago, and it had the same exact pictures as this auction. :confused1:

PLEASE HELP LADIES!!!!!!!!!!! i AM THINKING OF BUYING A BOTKIER AND I DONT KNOW IF IT IS REAL. i AM GOING TO INSERT ALL OF THE PICTURES THAT I WAS SENT BY THE PERSON SELLING IT!!! :smile: THERE ARE PICS OF THE AUTH. CARD AND THE ZIPPER AND THE INSIDE THE ONLY THING THATS WEIRD TO ME IS THE ZIPPER, I HAVE FOUND OTHERS ON EBAY THAT HAVE DIFFERENT LOOKING ZIPPERS, I AM INCLUDING 2 PICS OF THOSE AS WEL (THE COPPER COLOR AND WHITE COLOR, ARE NOT THE BAGS IM LOOKING AT BUT THE ZIPPERS LOOK DIF. tHEN THE ONE I AM LOOKING AT)
****this post has the pictures of the blue emily i am looking to get, the next post is the pics of the zippers i have seen on other ebay listed items and the authenticity cards that comes with this blue bag i am looking at thankks so much
DOES ANYONE OWN AN AUTHENTIC BOTKIER AND CAN TELL ME????
THE BAG I AM LOOKING AT GETTING IS THE EMILY, IF YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE THAT ONE EVEN BETTER BUT ANY OPINIONS WOULD BE SOOSSOSOSO GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

Attachments

• 2007_0204new0050.jpg
    2007_0204new0050.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 448
  • 2007_0204new0051.jpg
    2007_0204new0051.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 428
  • 2007_0204new0052.jpg
    2007_0204new0052.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 452
  • 2007_0204new0053.jpg
    2007_0204new0053.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 467
  • 2007_0204new0054.jpg
    2007_0204new0054.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 419
the pictures of the auth. card that comes with the one i am looking at, and then zippers of other bags i have seen online that look differnt
whats right? HELP! :smile: is there an older and newer style??
any ideas

This is the emily bag the blue one i am looking into does anyone have one?

thanks ladies

Attachments

• 2007_0204new0055.jpg
    2007_0204new0055.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 440
  • 2007_0204new0056.jpg
    2007_0204new0056.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 444
  • acad_1_sbl.jpg
    acad_1_sbl.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 440
  • f464_1_sbl.jpg
    f464_1_sbl.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 437

Authentic. I have 3 bags from Botkier and they all had the tape over the name plate like in the auction.

the pictures of the auth. card that comes with the one i am looking at, and then zippers of other bags i have seen online that look differnt
whats right? HELP! :smile: is there an older and newer style??
any ideas

This is the emily bag the blue one i am looking into does anyone have one?

thanks ladies

I think the bag is real though I'm not an expert. I do have 3 bags but know of them are that style. Also, none of them have that monogram lining but this could either be something very new or very old. You could try contacting Botkier directly with the pictures. They are very good about authenticating things. I wouldn't mention that its on eBay but rather a bag someone gifted you and you were just checking whether or not it was authentic. Best of luck!

I'm with IamMe... I have 2 botkiers, also not same style, but none have that logo lining. So to me, that bag is questionable. I would ask how old that bag is.. like what year/season it is from. that would help.

I bought a Botkier Bianca from Saks, and there was no logo lining inside -- all suede lining (unlike other Botkier styles...Stirrup/etc. had logo lining). Mine did come with the plastic protective strip covering the exterior side "Botkier" metal plates though.