What A Jerk

Jan 23, 2006

Defamer reports that XM and nationally syndicated radio "personalities" Opie and Anthony responded to a swimsuit-clad Tyra Bank's speech last week on her popular syndicated show with a challenge to their listeners.
They asked them to publicly react to 33 year-old Tyra's request that people stop making fun of her weight.

The result?

An anonymous fan addressed the situation by placing a sign calling Tyra a fat.
The person hung a giant banner across from her TV studio declaring, "Tyra Banks is a Fatty Pig Fatty."

....i think people spend too much time be concerned about his/or her weight...It is America and there is such a thing as Freedom of Speech, now if i agree with what was said -tha's another question.

good lord - when will folks get a grip on weight issues - not that Tyra is fat - but even if she was - what does that have to do with her as a person? Why would any person believe that making fun of/looking down on someone because of their weight is acceptable behavior?

Opie & Anthony said they're makin' a big deal out of this cos Tyra made such a big deal of it. This morning, they kept playing Tyra saying "kiss my fat ..." and they were askin' why, if she really felt okay with a few extra pounds, did she even address her critics? Why did she go out of her way to say I'm not this fat, like there's something wrong with being voluptuous. She looks wonderful IMO.