What To Do If Ebay/Vero Cancels Your Auction

lovelygarments

Kay
O.G.
Nov 24, 2006
If Ebay sellers wants to have any power at all in this matter, we must start doing the following:

1. If you have an auction that you think may be at risk of being cancelled, print out the auction once you have listed it.

2. If the auction is cancelled due to vero reporting, contact the vero rights holder via the e-mail that Ebay provides.

3. Save all your e-mails to and from the vero authentication service.

4. You are not allowed to relist your auction until you have permission from the vero rights holder.

5. If they do not provide you the reason that your auction was terminated/closed, there is no way that you can correct the problem.

6. Ebay then should be contacted. Ebay should contact the Vero rights holder and ask them to follow up on the Ebay seller's request for information on how to relist w/o violating their vero rights.

7. Then if nothing is done, one of the things that Ebay sellers can do is to contact their State Attorney General's office, and see if an individual can bring a complaint against the company, e.g., Chloe, Chanel, etc., for not allowing them to sell an authentic item on Ebay. I am sure that this is a violation of some federal law. I'm going to do some research on this.

8. Another avenue would be a class action suit, but one must keep great records in order for a class action to proceed. There must be a large class and the damages must be arising from the same type of action/illegal conduct, etc. Please keep records of your auctions and e-mails.

I am an attorney, but I am the best kind of attorney, a non-practicing attorney. A class action attorney is looking for deep pockets to go after, and if Chloe, Chanel, LV, keep shutting down plain old joes just trying to sell some of the handbag collections so they can buy more handbags, or people who specialize in selling great used designer handbags, well, more power to the class action attorney.

7. Then if nothing is done, one of the things that Ebay sellers can do is to contact their State Attorney General's office, and see if an individual can bring a complaint against the company, e.g., Chloe, Chanel, etc., for not allowing them to sell an authentic item on Ebay. I am sure that this is a violation of some federal law. I'm going to do some research on this.

Thanks, Lovelygarments, for your post. It definitely helps to know what exactly we put in the listing before it is taken down and no longer accessible, and there is no proof of what was on there!

Please let me know what you find out about #7.

Also, some designer brands do not have a VeRo. Such as LV. Which makes it worse, because it's Ebay staffers who are making the call on trademark infringement, authenticity, etc. A very scary thought.

Thanks, Lovelygarments, for your post. It definitely helps to know what exactly we put in the listing before it is taken down and no longer accessible, and there is no proof of what was on there!

Please let me know what you find out about #7.

Also, some designer brands do not have a VeRo. Such as LV. Which makes it worse, because it's Ebay staffers who are making the call on trademark infringement, authenticity, etc. A very scary thought.

Ebay staffers make the call on trademark infringement, etc., for LV - yikes!

Does anyone happen to know who's the VeRO for Balenciaga? My auction for an authentic magenta balenciaga got taken down yesterday, but not by VeRO - and yes, it is a scary thought that somebody who probably couldn't care less about the workmanship that goes into branded bags are making the judgment on what is an authentic bag - case in point, just look at how many disgusting fake chloe paddington is around!!!!!

Ugh, i'm thinking about just abandoning Ebay altogether.... :sad:

Balenciaga is owned by the Gucci Group. If eBay removed the auction, there is nothing you can do. You can email them proof of authenticity but chances are they may ignore it, depending on who from eBay is reviewing it. If VERO did not report your listing, it was reported by another seller or possibly by another purse forum. You can try emailing Tabberone, who has fought eBay and VERO in impromper removals. Other than that I really can't think of any other suggestions. A lawsuit, unless it's class action, could be futile and expensive. Wish I could be more help.:shrugs:

Urgh, whoever reported my bag clearly cannot tell the difference between an authentic and fake Balenciaga!!

thanks for the opinion though exoticmystery :smile:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hello and thanks so much for the information.

On my last few listings, I posted this:

VERO -THIS PREOWNED BAG IS AUTHENTIC AND I PURCHASHED THIS HANDBAG FROM AN AUTHORIZED XXXXX RETAIL STORE. PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THIS AUCTION. I HAVE PROOF OF PURCHASE FROM THE AUTHORIZED XXXXX BOUTIQUE WHERE IT WAS PURCHASED.
THIS IS MY PERSONAL HANDBAG AND I ONLY HAVE THIS ONE.

Do you think this helps? Or perhaps just a coincidence and I was lucky.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hello and thanks so much for the information. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]On my last few listings, I posted this: [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]VERO -THIS PREOWNED BAG IS AUTHENTIC AND I PURCHASHED THIS HANDBAG FROM AN AUTHORIZED XXXXX RETAIL STORE. PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THIS AUCTION. I HAVE PROOF OF PURCHASE FROM THE AUTHORIZED XXXXX BOUTIQUE WHERE IT WAS PURCHASED. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]THIS IS MY PERSONAL HANDBAG AND I ONLY HAVE THIS ONE.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Do you think this helps? Or perhaps just a coincidence and I was lucky.[/FONT]

I also think you got lucky. My Chloe auction that they pulled had similar language. It didn't help. I think if you put a photo of the sales receipt (with personal information blacked out), I think you would be o.k. Good luck!:yes: