Cool things you've learned today

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
In medical terminology, ren/o and nephr/o both mean kidney.

But you'd say, "I had renal failure so I went to see a nephrologist. He told me I needed surgery and referred me to a urologist."

(Well, that's interesting to ME!)

Anyone learn anything cool today that they'd like to share with everyone?

I learned how flamable my RL sweatshirt is....I was cutting over the center of a table, didn't realize my sweatershit was hanging over a candle and I started smelling smoke -next think I knew my selve was on fire - luckily, I blew it out in time and I was fine...my sweatshirt which has a nice hole in it though....not the smartest thing I learned today...

...I know, Da Chicago Bears (Da Bears) are heading to the Super Bowl -that's huge!!!!

I learned that I can let things go :angel:

ie heated threads when you aren't going to persuade anyone to your opinion and posting more will just be futile pointless typing, LOL!!!

In medical terminology, ren/o and nephr/o both mean kidney.

But you'd say, "I had renal failure so I went to see a nephrologist. He told me I needed surgery and referred me to a urologist."

(Well, that's interesting to ME!)

Anyone learn anything cool today that they'd like to share with everyone?
Actually if you went into renal failure you would see a nephrologist.

Actually if you went into renal failure you would see a nephrologist.
The nephrologist specializes in kidneys, but the urologist does the surgery on them.

Maybe I didn't make the sentence clear enough: "I had renal failure, so I went to see a nephrologist.

The nephrologist told me I needed surgery, so he sent me to a urologist to do the surgery."

hey hmwe46!

i learned that the other day myself. to be perfectly honest the more i read on internet forums the more my own bad habits become apparent to me and i make the necessary changes. :yes:

I learned that Liquid Plumber will eat a hole through velour track pants.

(I keep clogging my bathoom sink with paper pulp. <I make paper.> Usually, I will rinse my screens and moulds outdoors but it has been too cold.)

i learned that you can specify "no visitors" when you're in the hospital and they actually enforce it! (this is very exciting to me. i didn't know you could do that and have people actually follow it....then again, i'm probably the only person on the planet who DOESN'T want visitors when i'm there) i also re-learned how to write a birthing plan.