Coach saddlebag in February Vogue

yogagirl

O.G.
Apr 16, 2006
Hi. For those of you Vogue readers out there, does anyone know anything about the Coach saddlebag shown a few times in this month's issue of Vogue (the layout featuring the Day dresses)? It looks like it could be part of the Legacy line as it has the vintage leather look and a turnlock.

No, this bag was much better than a Coach hippie? Listed in the description was "Coach saddlebag" but no price and the buying info merely said Coach stores. It was the size of an oversized tote and in a camel/natural color. The front had a large pocket with a turnlock. The bag loosely resembles the Legacy slim tote that is due out, but is bigger and is less structured, more of a bag you can throw things, including clothes, into.

I have the issue of Vogue and this is the Ergo Saddle Bag No. 10740
which will be in the stores in April 07. The large version No. 10740 retails
for $428 and the smaller version No. 10739 retails for $198. I got this
information by calling 1-800-Coach. I wrote Coach to bring back the Ergo
Bag and finally they have. I am buying this bag in Camel or the Rust as well
as the Ergo Tote in the all leather version.:yes:

LizCordova: The smaller version comes out in April too, correct? Do you happen to have dimensions? I didn't like the ergo at first but seeing the Vogue photo has me reconsidering! I think the large is too big though so I'm curious about the smaller version. Thanks for the info. I'm going on a purse ban for sure now to save up! :graucho:

Hmmm my Vogue has gone missing. Their subscription department sucks, I always get my issue after it's out for ages. I'm tempted just to cancel and buy from the newstand.
Maybe the new Ergo with renew my interest.

I actually ended up going to the Coach store today and the SA pulled out a flier the store had received and it was the large Ergo tote, due out in April, but available for order now. They also have a smaller tote and smaller hobos. The only thing that she couldn't tell me was what type of closure (if any) it had. Also, she said the color was reminiscent of their British tan (not natural) which surprised me because I thought this particular bag was somewhat related to the Legacy line (it has the turnlock on the front pocket). It looked nice, but I will hold off on ordering it until I see more pictures and have more details.

I have the Ergo Signature Tote (smaller one)... the only diff between the signature and all-leather (besides the outside) is that the all-leather has Legacy stripe fabric lining and a turnlock on the outside front pocket. The bags I saw are pilot bags so I don't know if Coach will change them in any way before they come out in April.

ErgoFrontWM.jpg

ErgoInsideWM.jpg

ErgoInsidePocketEmptyWM.jpg

I actually ended up going to the Coach store today and the SA pulled out a flier the store had received and it was the large Ergo tote, due out in April, but available for order now.

This is all so intriguing! Would the smaller leather version be available to order now?

Coach just keeps getting better! How fun to try to figure out the 'mystery' of the Ergo bags! LOL!