Is LV cheaper in Singapore/Japan?

They have the worst, snottiest, most discriminating staffs ever! Big :yucky::yucky::yucky: for me.

They serve you based on what you wear/look and even your nationality and can ignore you outright even when you are looking at them in the eye or enquiring about something, but if you are a tourist or speak with an accent then of course, that's a a different ball game to them. 90% of the staff will suddenly behave as though you're the best thing to happen to them since the Wheel was invented but they ignore the rest of the other potential buyers in the store.

LV Hilton and DFS are pure :heart: They are so much more helpful in so many ways and so much more sincere! They don't offer you lame reasons and a staff by the name of Rachel at LV Hilton even gave me 2 LV boxes to keep my baggy + MC trouville (Not bought from her even) and 2 catalogs to boot even when all I bought was an extension strap for my baggy and a pochette.

The Taka staff at the store usually tries to shoo you off with a dismal: "We don't give out boxes." or "We don't have spare catalogs left."

Ok, i think it's pretty obvious that I really HATE LV Taka. :yucky:
But then again, they're the largest LV store in Singapore and tourists mainly flock there cus of the snazzy exterior... :yucky:

AGREED AGREED AGREED

LV in Jap def. expensive exceptly if you're looking for 2nd, Jap is cheaper than Sin. I visited Jap last year and found that LV Epi, etc cheaper there than Sin but please don't look for Mono, Damier or limited ed. they're quite expensive there.

Enjoy your trip and keep post us what you find there ;)

You can always make an international call to the boutique and ask them how much the item you have in mind is - then you can do your comparison.

I did this a couple of times for Hermes.

Japan is ridiculously more expensive than Singapore or anywhere else for that matter.

The Japanese line up on the Champs-Elysées to get tourists, usually Americans, to buy the bags for them so they can get "La Détaxe" and sell'em for Japanese prices back home, making a hefty profit in the process :yes:

LV Takashimaya is that on Orchid road???

wow I don't know about that!! only i did visit that store doing browsing!! I haven't try to visit other two store because just happen shopping around along the Orchid road :sad:

thanks for letting me know, definetely I won't shopping at bad service LV Takashimaya for next my plan holiday!

LV Takashimaya is that on Orchid road???

wow I don't know about that!! only i did visit that store doing browsing!! I haven't try to visit other two store because just happen shopping around along the Orchid road :sad:

thanks for letting me know, definetely I won't shopping at bad service LV Takashimaya for next my plan holiday!

Its ORCHARD ROAD to be exact. I am s'pore!! HAHAHHA :yahoo:

I went to LV Taka a number of times,and the service is really terrible!

I m like a 16 yr old guy,and I go there with my mum most of the times.Once I asked this staff to let me have a look at the Samuer XL and she just igorned me and walked off as if i didnt exist!!!:cursing:

Really angry with them...and yes its very crowded esp during holiday season.They even had to hav people queue up outside the store to go in bcoz its too crowded.

So that's the reason why I hav yet to get my FIRST LV...and definately not from there.So I guess I will try out the one at Hilton. :supacool: Though I LoVe LV.

thread hijack! :sneaky: sorry! but i thought its better to ask here than start another topic. does anyone know the comparison between LV in taiwan and singapore? Im based in nz but my dad is visiting me from singapore soon and i will visit taiwan soon. so just wondering where to buy from. eg. something i definitely want to buy is the Mini Lin Speedy. Its NZD $1050 ( i forget if thats including 12.5% gst or not =_=) wats the price in singapore and taiwan if anyone knows? :graucho:

Very expensive in Japan and you only get 5% tax back.
No wonder the Japanese buy truckloads of LV in Australia, even when we're overpriced compared the Europe and the US

Can't agree more abt. LV Ngee Ann City (aka Taka). Svc sucks big time. There are 3 other LV stores in S'pore, and Hilton and DFS are located not too far away from Ngee Ann City.

I heard they even tell pple off if the customers are not properly attired.

Can't agree more abt. LV Ngee Ann City (aka Taka). Svc sucks big time. There are 3 other LV stores in S'pore, and Hilton and DFS are located not too far away from Ngee Ann City.

I heard they even tell pple off if the customers are not properly attired.

If they ever do that to me...I will create a scene that I will never forget ;)

And then the next thing you will see the security drag me out and the police car outside to send me to that station..LOL:roflmfao:

Hi there! I just found this website a few days ago and I've been enjoying reading a lof of messages. :yes:

I have called Bangkok, Thailand Louis Vuitton store to find out the price of EPI. I was very surprised that price was $300 higher than US price. I also called Louis Vuitton store in Japan to find out the price of Passy GM and Japan price was 188,000yen (about $1550). US Price is $1450.

Epi Bag is my dream bag and I finally got EPI Black ZIPPY a few months ago and I really want to buy a bag, but it's not cheap price to jump on it with my income, so I've been thinking about it.... I've been dreaming about it....

I really want to get EPI Bag this year! That's my goal! :rolleyes:
Most likely I will get PASSY GM but it's tough call since I only can buy just one.... I saw 2007 collection and EPI will have a few new style and they are cute but they are not as big as Passy but the new style has top zip closure and style is cute.....

I am wondering if anybody could give me any comments about PASSY GM.
Perhaps, this topic is the price in Singpore and Australia, so I may have to post a mesage???? Please forgive me if I wrote too much.... :noggin: