FedEx should be here this morning...

AHHH!!!! I'm SO CURSED!

I got the bag about an hour ago. I opened the box, with my co-worker standing to share in the excitement, and when I went to pull the stuffing out of the bag, we noticed black specks EVERYWHERE on the inner lining. My co-worker immediately said, "eww...what is that?". We couldn't find the tags anywhere either. I think my bag was used!!!! :crybaby: Why am I so cursed with Stams? WHY????

I am going up to NJ this weekend, and so I called Short Hills. They actually have the Stam Hobo - the SA checked it and said it was pristine. So, he has it on hold for me. I'm hoping that there will be a happy ending tomorrow.

holy smokes, suli.....i have to say, i'm starting to believe you might actually be cursed when it comes to stams! this is too much!

um....how about a nice soft calf style??? :sad:

AHHH!!!! I'm SO CURSED!

I got the bag about an hour ago. I opened the box, with my co-worker standing to share in the excitement, and when I went to pull the stuffing out of the bag, we noticed black specks EVERYWHERE on the inner lining. My co-worker immediately said, "eww...what is that?". We couldn't find the tags anywhere either. I think my bag was used!!!! :crybaby: Why am I so cursed with Stams? WHY????

I am going up to NJ this weekend, and so I called Short Hills. They actually have the Stam Hobo - the SA checked it and said it was pristine. So, he has it on hold for me. I'm hoping that there will be a happy ending tomorrow.

I am getting frustrated for you. This is your 4th or 5th attempt at the Stam, is it not? :s I hope the new one is just what you want! Please post an update!

^^ It literally is like my 4th or 5th time trying to get a Stam. You would think that I would stop by now, but I can't help it...I really want a Stam-eque bag.

I got the bag from NM in Chicago. My SA found it, had it overnighted to me for free! I should have known that it was too good to be true.

I've attached some pictures of the interior of the bag - both sides. I think you can see the stains...they are definitely more pronounced in person. Crossing my fingers for tomorrow....

Attachments

• Picture 215.jpg
    Picture 215.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Picture 216.jpg
    Picture 216.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Picture 218.jpg
    Picture 218.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Picture 217.jpg
    Picture 217.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 56
I'm sorry this happened SuLi. I hope tomorrow goes well for you!

There have been SO many horror stories lately on tPF about low-quality bags being shipped out from various vendors. :wtf: I'm beginning to wonder why we all spend so much time tracking down bags by phone and online. Maybe the only way to get a pristine bag is to go to the store yourself--but that really limits our choices, doesn't it? I don't know what the solution is, other than to only buy shipped bags from stores with good return policies...

suli... i had the same awful luck a few months back getting a hobo stam. i got one with antiqued chain with shiny hardware... then i got one with no name plate inside, both from eLux!! i returned them and all marched over to saks and got myself the quilted bowler. i decided the purse gods did not want me to own that bag!!

i agree though- when dropping thousands on a bag, its best to wait until you can inspect it yourself, up close and personal. that way there are no surprises.

sorry about your bag and i hope you have better luck tomorrow!!