Miroir Sneakers

I actually like both pairs of runners, and both the silver sandals and gold pumps.

I think you really have to consider the context of the outfit in which they would be worn before you write them off as tacky, senior-citizen style, etc.

For example, both pairs of runners, in my opinion, are the epitome of glam streetwear. I could definitely see Pharrell Williams (one half of the Neptunes - hip hop producer extraordinaire - and sometime Louis Vuitton sunglass designer) wearing them with some dark baggy jeans, and perhaps a printed hoodie from his clothing line, with a noticeable belt and hat. The look would come together very nicely.

Also, Fergie would be an ideal person to wear the shoes, as I think her look comes together a lot better when she is dressed as a tomboy rather than as a girly girl. Consider Fergie wearing boyish pants that fall below the knee or to mid-calf, some layered tank tops, and various accessories (a belt, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, a kangol hat, etc.). Consider a similar look to her outfit at the end of the music video "Shut Up" (she is wearing a turquoise tube top), and you'll get the idea.

Personally, I think the heels are perfect for the upcoming season. One of the major looks that came down the runways (and my absolute favourite) was robotic mod, and both pairs of heels fit this aesthetic perfectly. Not simply because they are both metallic-coloured, but because of the actual style of the heels - particularly their overall bluntness.

I have never bought Vuitton shoes, and don't plan to anytime soon, but I could still see myself wearing either pairs of heels with the futuristically styled dresses that Roland Mouret made for Gap this past holiday season.

So before you write something off as hideous-looking, try to consider the designer's motivation for creating a specific piece in the first place.

The key is openmindedness.

=)