What household chore do you put off the longest??

hmwe46

why bother
O.G.
Jun 27, 2006
Sigh, it's a cold clear Sunday here in the SF Bay Area. A perfect day to --- clean house :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

DH got a bug to clean out the attic (ACK) after our water heat died.

Now I feel compelled to do something too.

But I hate cleaning house. Don't get me wrong, I do it. And I love it when the house is clean. I just hate the doing part, LOL :Push:

And thusly I find myself wasting time here on tPF :wlae:

So I got to wondering, what household chore do you hate most???

dusting, vacuuming, bathrooms, etc??

For me I laothe beyond compare cleaning out cupboards and drawers. :cursing: I let my junk drawer go to the point where I have to pry it open before I go through the year of accumulated stuff (two decks of cards, take out menu's, magentic business card holders - where did *that* come from???). Then when it comes DUE I am stuck for ages going through the pile.

Vacuuming!

I hate the noise. Plus it makes me sneeze.

And you can't do it fast or you don't do a decent job. I just finished vacuuming all my rugs, floors, and soft furniture. Pulled out all the cushions, etc. Hated every minute of it.

Now I will shampoo the carpets. I think I might hate that more.

hmwe46:
I will happily keep your junk drawer in top shape if you do my vacuuming!

For me I laothe beyond compare cleaning out cupboards and drawers. :cursing: I let my junk drawer go to the point where I have to pry it open before I go through the year of accumulated stuff (two decks of cards, take out menu's, magentic business card holders - where did *that* come from???). Then when it comes DUE I am stuck for ages going through the pile.

hmwe46:
Just rent a terrific dvd. Bring the junk drawer to the TV coffee table and update the contents while watching a great movie.

I wouldn't get any housework done without TV. That's why I hate vacuuming: can't hear the TV!

SOLD!!!! :yahoo:

DH vacuumes every so often and he does a TERRIBLE job!!! OMG, he rushes it, thinks the MAX FILL line is a suggestion not a rule, and only does one direction. He gets like one bin full for the entire house :wtf:

When I do it, I do each rug both directions and get like FIVE bins for the house. Sigh.

And yet-- I'd rather vacuume every day than deal with my drawers and cupboards :yes::yes::yes:

Vacuuming!

I hate the noise. Plus it makes me sneeze.

And you can't do it fast or you don't do a decent job. I just finished vacuuming all my rugs, floors, and soft furniture. Pulled out all the cushions, etc. Hated every minute of it.

Now I will shampoo the carpets. I think I might hate that more.

hmwe46:
I will happily keep your junk drawer in top shape if you do my vacuuming!

Great idea Prof Not!!

Albeit the cleaning will go somewhat slower :shame:

:dots:

And isn't cleaning such a SLIPPERY SLOPE. Once you do one thing, everything else screams CLEAN ME all the more???

Cleaning the bathroom. Hate it! :rolleyes: I usually do it on a Sunday afternoon after the gym. I'll put CNN's "Late Edition" on and listen to the talking heads ***** about Iraq while scrubbing the shower.

Oh, and mopping the tile floor in my kitchen and foyer area. Actually, now that I think about it, I hate that more than the bathrooms :yucky:

I have been thinking about a cleaning service now that I WAH fulll time.

It seems like I should have more time to clean now that I don't leave the house, but I think I have less. Plus since I am always here it won't be a problem scheduling someone to come do that.

Ok gals-- I finished my three kitchen junk drawers :yahoo:

:crybaby: I guess I better pick another room and start working there too. DH is now cleaning the garage!!

BTW: do all DH's create MORE of a mess when they "clean" than if you had just done it yourself???

this is easy. cleaning the toilet! we have a cleaning service that comes in (now once a week) so I save that for them...

Emptying the dishwasher. It sounds silly but sometimes I get lazy and only pull out a few dishes and things for a few days but keep all the silverware in the holders. So the silverware gets washed several times through other cycles rather than getting put away in the drawer as it should.

On the flip side, I love laundry and *gasp* even ironing. There is something so sooothing about it. I know, i'm probably ready for the funny farm with that one. But I'm single with no kids so I don't need to do it 5 x's a day.

I have a cleaning service that comes in once a month. Best investment I ever made!

Laundry! I have a phobia of dark, enclosed places and our washer & dryer are located in the basement. I tried to convinve my Dh to move them upstairs, but we can't until we remodel.