black phoenix alchemy lab

That's too bad:sad: You may have another love out there. I had a migriane triggered by saw-scaled viper( a snake oil varient).
That being said I love BPAL, and can't wait for C2E2 tomorrow:yahoo:

I would love to hear what you think of the C2E2 exclusives!

I can't remember if I've posted in here before, but I love BPAL (especially the sweet scents). I realized today on a trip to Sephora that I've gotten so spoiled using BPAL that I don't care for regular perfumes any more--all I can smell is the alcohol!

The Citadel of Awesome spray is awesome though. It is really sugary sweet and floral all at the same time.
lair of Nefarious Misdeeds is really good too, but in a different way. It is dark with the leather and incense, but the benzoin over the top sweetens it up to make it awesome for a home

Sky City After: It starts as burning wood (cedar or fir) It's a sweet wood, and that tar like smell. As it dries you get a hot pavement like smell.
Dry it is not nearly as strong. The smoke is like a sweet wisp off in the distance. The dry smoke is lightly clove scented. There is also the scent of well baked pavement too. The throw isn't extreme, but maybe a few inches off the nose to smell it well.

The Velvets: Not an exclusive but it is until its released on the site :P
At first this is musky and floral. There is definaltely ylang ylang at first(it's a little sharp)
Then It's all rosey incense. :tup:
Door was my fave of the Neverwheres I tried thus far. It is a honey and chamomille. It's sweet and herbal and relaxing all at the same time. :cloud9:

Volstead Act: In the bottle it is all pineapple and what I assume is rye. It hits my skin Hello sherry I smell like a drunk for awhile. When it is finally completely dry it is a pineapple, lemon drink. Still a little sherry but wayyy tamer. May be better in my clocket to avoid the I smell like a raging runk for 20 min part.

Sky City Before: This is really pretty. It is like a meadow with flowers and grass, and just off in the distance being carried on the breeze you can get the hint of the brook bubbling by. This is a perfect spring day in a bottle.

Snake oil gave me a migraine, so I have held off on trying the others. :sad: I love perfume and had such high hopes. Usually, it is lights that give me a migraine. I have never had a fragrance set one off, but it was definitely the snake oil. Just putting it away in a drawer made me nauseous.

I was absolutely sure I hated Snake Oil when I first got it and just left the imp in some forgotten corner.

After 1 year, I saw it while packing, tried and I still hated it.

But cause it is such a raved scent, I tried again after at least another 1/2 year more and surprise - it was lovely.

Just saying so if you can bear to keep it for some time, you can try it after it has gone through aging. :P

My husband loves the bpal scents on me and asked if they have any "man" scents. I told him my understanding is that many are unisex, but I'd check to see if there are scents that seem more directed at men. Ladies, do any of you have men in your lives who wear Bpal oils and if so, which scents are they wearing? Thanks in advance.

My man loves "Lord of the Forest", its a twilight alchemy labs scent by bpal that is supposed to infuse him with virility! :nuts: He also likes Ra, Nero, and Wulric the Wolfman. There so many masculine and unisex blends to choose from, it can really be overwhelming!

Last edited:
I was absolutely sure I hated Snake Oil when I first got it and just left the imp in some forgotten corner.

After 1 year, I saw it while packing, tried and I still hated it.

But cause it is such a raved scent, I tried again after at least another 1/2 year more and surprise - it was lovely.

Just saying so if you can bear to keep it for some time, you can try it after it has gone through aging. :P

I bought doubles of Womb Furie (this lupercalia's snake oil and o blend) to age just for that very reason-even though I love it fresh as well. :P Athens is another favourite of mine that is better aged well - fresh it smells like a wine cellar, but aged it smells like a honey wine and amber sweet mead!