Confessions: Fakes can be fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
People just take it seriously because we know the work and craftsmanship that goes into authentic bags. We know where our money is going and know that it won't be wasted on something that will come apart in a few days. Not to mention the fact that they are a form of copyright infringement, which is illegal. So no, with all the consequences that come with fakes, most of us here don't find them to be fun.

Denial, please do a search and refer to threads that have thoroughly discussed this topic and the "dark side" of fakes, and then maybe you'll know why all legit PF members are against fakes/take this stuff seriously.

I don't pick up clothing at Target, but I assume, yes, that they are produced legally.

For what it's worth, these factories are technically legal but they're anything but okay. A lot of companies still use horrible sweatshops to make their goods, especially companies that sell things cheaply, like Target and Walmart (have you seen that documentary "Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price"? There are some interesting interviews with Chinese factory workers.)

Often these goods are produced in "Special Economiz Zones" in rapidly industrializing countries like China (which only really started industrializing in 1978) and India, where not only economic laws but all sorts of laws are more "liberal" and where factory workers are exploited.

It's hard to always avoid places like this, because SO many companies use SEZ labour - and granted, not all of these factories mistreat their workers. Many do not. But this is one of the main reasons I buy designer whenever I can, and I usually buy secondhand if I can't buy designer: I don't like contributing to this!

Just another reason why FAKES ARE NOT OKAY, because almost ALL fakes are made in illegitimate factories in horrible conditions: why would you want to wear a poor person's suffering on your arm?!

For what it's worth, these factories are technically legal but they're anything but okay. A lot of companies still use horrible sweatshops to make their goods, especially companies that sell things cheaply, like Target and Walmart (have you seen that documentary "Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price"? There are some interesting interviews with Chinese factory workers.)

Often these goods are produced in "Special Economiz Zones" in rapidly industrializing countries like China (which only really started industrializing in 1978) and India, where not only economic laws but all sorts of laws are more "liberal" and where factory workers are exploited.

It's hard to always avoid places like this, because SO many companies use SEZ labour - and granted, not all of these factories mistreat their workers. Many do not. But this is one of the main reasons I buy designer whenever I can, and I usually buy secondhand if I can't buy designer: I don't like contributing to this!

Just another reason why FAKES ARE NOT OKAY, because almost ALL fakes are made in illegitimate factories in horrible conditions: why would you want to wear a poor person's suffering on your arm?!

ITA. :yes:

Great post, tiny cat. :biggrin:

i have to agree with tiny cat. sorry, unlike certain posters i do shop at target for clothes. but are we going to ban discount stores? wish i could only have designer clothes but not gonna happen. i see so many fakes when ever i go anywhere, i wonder if any of these ladies actually know they are fake. ebay is so full of fakes, 100% authentic i mean, lol! but people really think if it says it's authentic and the bags says lv, coach, etc, that it's real. if i was going to have a fake bag, i'd much rather know about it and pay the fake price then be one of these poor misguided souls proudly carrying their 400 fake they got on ebay that's only worth about 40. i'm kinda glad ebay is cracking down, so that so many people aren't taken for a ride anymore. but that's a whole other topic isn't it, lol!

Fakes are fun when disecting them :devil:
DSCN4935.jpg

Edit: I just took note of the OP's user ID. Very suiting.

well said tiny cat:yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.