Confessions: Fakes can be fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fakes are fun when disecting them :devil:
DSCN4935.jpg

Edit: I just took note of the OP's user ID. Very suiting.

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I also have to admit I have a hard time believing that someone who could afford and would buy a Hermes bag would ever buy a fake . . . something doesn't fit here).

Looks like you might be right about this. I knew people took this stuff seriously but ... I would never have imagined.

PS beautiful family photo!
Thats kinda because it is a serious matter.. :rolleyes:

and please don't use extreme examples as your defense. you asked, and I gave my opinion. Nothing against you, just against fakes.

Hi Denial, I see NOTHING wrong with your thread. This is The Purse Forum. That's what we do here, discuss purses. Good, bad, ugly, fake, whatever. I used to feel the same way about fakes. Get one, wear it for a while and move on to the next one. But after a couple of bad experiences with 'em, I really can't stand 'em. Not for any snobby reasons, but because they fall apart after a couple of months and I hate to waste money. I Love handbags and I see it as an investment to pay good money for a good bag. So personally, no more fakes for me. If I can't pay full price, I'll get a used (and with the help of the wise ladies here on TPF, an AUTHENTIC...) bag on eBay. Aside from bein' sick of bags fallin' apart, another reason I'm no longer a fan of fakes is cos a lot of 'em are manufactured in China. I'm an animal lover and I'm not keen at all on the fact that China has no animal welfare laws.

Oh, and I like some of the clothes I see at Target.

Have a great New Year!

I totally agree. Even if you didn't care about the exploitation of the poor people who in the awful factories in India, China etc where the fakes are produced, how could you possibly pay ANYTHING for a fake, when you have the exuisite craftsmanship of the real thing, or several as you claim, in your closet? I just don't get it. That's like a person who collects top end cars like Ferraris, Aston Martin's etc, buying a Lada (the only car available to the Russians during Communism, and renowned for their poor quality) for the hell of it.

just out of curiosity, is a replica the same as a fake? i bumped into a francis tse website which claims to sell replicas but then...if they are replicas why do they come with id tags, dustbags, etc as if they were real? i imagine this is were most of the ebay bags are coming from...
bear in mind, i am not saying go and buy one, i just wanted to clarify for myself if there is a difference or is just a clever way of disguising fake items.
cheers

just out of curiosity, is a replica the same as a fake? i bumped into a francis tse website which claims to sell replicas but then...if they are replicas why do they come with id tags, dustbags, etc as if they were real? i imagine this is were most of the ebay bags are coming from...
bear in mind, i am not saying go and buy one, i just wanted to clarify for myself if there is a difference or is just a clever way of disguising fake items.
cheers

Yep, replica is a fancy way to say FAKE. The sort-of exception to this is when a bag is "inspired" rather than replicated. Inspired bags may look a bit like the original, but they won't have fake logos or tags claiming to be designer.

About 10 years ago, before ebay, I heard of a woman selling replicas of Kelly bags for GBP500, which had been made in Italy. A friend bought one, and it was, I have to admit, beautifully made. But I didn't buy one, because I firmly believe if I can't afford the real thing, then I either don't get it, or save up until I can afford it - which would increase the final pleasure when I am able to get the bag of my dreams. I thought she was absolutely crazy to spend so much money on something that was just a replica.

Status
Not open for further replies.